1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord Forged Items now Duke Dungeon Throne Room & Duke Heraldry Paver

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I have still to bring heraldry into the game for me.

Addison likes this.
  2. Benny Hinn

Benny Hinn Avatar

Its as simple as doing what you said you were going to do. In business this is pretty important.

Lets say I hire someone to remodel my kitchen and they draw up plans and quote me a price. I pay them and wait very very very patiently for them to do the work. Then they find out they didnt budget correctly? Who is that on? Is it on me or them? Do I just need to man up and take personal responsibility for it?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  3. Benny Hinn

Benny Hinn Avatar

I have this really crazy idea..... Its something new Port could try. Come up with a few ideas and let the Dukes decide what they want. Not all the players who didnt pledge at that level. I know its super radical but it just might work.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Okay Benny, using your analogy. Let's say you hire a contractor to do your kitchen. You wait patiently and they don't do the job to your satisfaction. Other clients apparently have been satisfied, and they have not yet gone out of business... so it seems like maybe, it's just you. In any event, they don't do want you want, and the likelihood of them doing what you want seems slim. You tell everyone you know about that.

Do you badger them for five years ? Open up accounts on the internet and make daily posts about it and think about it every day ? For years ? Or do you move on, knowing you can get the kitchen you want elsewhere ? Or that maybe, just maybe... the kitchen you want is unattainable... and might only exist perfectly in your own head ?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Bodhbh Dearg, Elwyn, Brian4 and 2 others like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

To be fair, the dukes (and above) are the biggest supporters of the game. They deserve better communication.

6. Floors

Floors Avatar

Not necessarily. The titles only have to do with money pledged during Kickstarter. People continue to spend money regardless of their 2013 Kickstarter tiers. I have put thousands in over the years myself. I just have a better attitude than many about the game. I certainly don't complain near as much as some folks that put in a fraction of what I spent to help us all play this game. Also, I put up with a lot of abuse here as well from people who don't like the fact I stand up for myself. I receive abuse through DMs from some very well known people here that I have to put up with. Think about that for a second.

So if you are wondering why I am so passionate and defend my points of view, that is why, because that's the reality behind the scenes regarding the supporters of this game.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  7. Nick

Nick Avatar

I feel for you. But my opinion stands. The high backers deserve better communication. As a bystander, I feel disappointed. Then again, its just my cents worth. Am just giving support to the big backers. :)

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

By my Kickstarter pledge, I'm a Royal Artisan.
    By Final, post Kickstarter Pledge level, I'm a Knight Marshal.
    By my Total Backing to date, I would be a Duke many times over.

To what level of communication am I entitled?
    It's been tried... with the Walls, or Lack Thereof on Keep and Castle lots... if memory serves, that went through 2 or three cycles of off-again, on-again before we arrived at wherever we are today... I lost track. It was, I grant you, pretty crazy.

9. Benny Hinn

Benny Hinn Avatar

I really meant by way of poll/vote, not a grand debate on the forums. Once its over, that's what ya get. The dukes can be upset with the other dukes if they don't get what they want but it would deflect some of the criticism off of Port at least.

10. Nick

Nick Avatar

err.... if you are not a Duke and above.....then none I suppose? Since the Custom Head reward doesn't involve you. But if you are, I believe you are entitled to more than no communication?

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

At least one iteration of the Great Wall Debate included a vote...
    The result of the voting was then overturned...

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Dukes have received No Communication?
    That's demonstrably false...

13. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

As I recall, there were forum threads, but no poll of dukes directly from Portalarium.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Very well... You would know better than I.

15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

By all means, please demonstrate. All of the Dukes are saying that they had no idea of this change until it was announced. If you were privy to some communication before this, then perhaps it was simply an error that it was not made to the wider affected audience.

Cordelayne and Addison like this.
  16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Moving goalpost...
    The claim was No Communication... Not No Communication prior to the Official Announcement.

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The point is that no matter what Portalarium does to try and make good on a promise that they've determined that they can't keep in its original form, they will be damned for whatever decision they make.

18. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'll go one further. We need to spend less time listening to those that have not put up the sums the nobility has.

19. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

You sure love technicalities. The points above are talking about no communication between the lord forged announcement and the new throne room annnoucement. Yes, those count as communication - the general consensus is the problem was a gap of over six months with no communication or outreach, even when it was asked for.

My post above stands - there is no way to make everyone happy but that is not an excuse to go dark for that long and not try to outreach affected customers before handing them another decision made with no feedback.

20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Harass, stalk, dox, lie about, and new evil hater tactic: impersonate on the net and say stupid **** in the name of those who DID like their kitchen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.