Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lost iron ores and iron ingots during smeltin - broken ingot mold

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by autodeath, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autodeath

autodeath Avatar

Blocker: Yes, inventory inconsistency.

During ingot smelting iron ores -> iron ingots (not using scraps) once an ingot mold depleted, the smelting batch is ending prematurely. Closing smelting station I'm noticing ores are locked as red. I'm going to next village to buy new ingot molds (4 zoning processes). After that I'm opening and UI of smelting station and all my ores (probably 4) and ingots (probably 49) are gone (or blocked from being displayed in my inventory). My avatar's weight's value seems to reflect the existence of ingots at the same time.
    Smelting station cannot regognise iron ores either.
    I'm afraid to do anything with the avatar before the inventory inconsistency gets solved.
    To restart the game client (update 472->473) did not help.

8/27/2016 1:01 AM
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16312
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series GPU RAM: 4074
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.473.Date.08.26.16
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Kiln
    Loc: (140.0, 34.2, 25.8)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Is this issue still visible, or have the missing ores returned to your inventory appropriately? Thank you for reporting.

3. autodeath

autodeath Avatar

Unfortunately still visible. I don't play as I don't want to manipulate the inventory in this state. I tried to zone out of Kiln => client CTD. Reloaded and zoned out and in several time successfully, but the inventory content vs. weight is in the same state as before (overweight and no ingots and ores).

4. autodeath

autodeath Avatar

Can please an estimate be made when I would be able to play again?

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You are safe to log back onto your character. After review, your weight appears to be accurate for what you have in your inventory as well as what you have equipped.

6. autodeath

autodeath Avatar

Great, I'm happy for my wrong guess, thank you very much ...

7. autodeath

autodeath Avatar

I'm using this bug report to extend an information.
    Another 50 ingots were lost from my inventory, this time when ingot mold counted down to zero with the last set of ores smelt, so the smelting process ended up correctly. Instead of adding the last ingot into my inventory, all iron ingots diseapeared. The rest of iron ores is intact in inventory, but all iron ingots are gone.
    I cannot confirm the exact point it happened, but I think the process of moving ingots to inventory ( 'take all') hit the bug.

I had another, ready to use, ingot mold in my inventory.

Shuting down the client and starting the game again did not help.

So it looks like it's dangerous to initiate a melting process batch in which as a result ingot mold goes to 0, during the batch or with the last smelting. The result may lead to lose of all ingots of affected kind in the inventory.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  8. Dman1138

Dman1138 Avatar

This happened to me also.
    I was smelting silver ore, ingot mold reached 0, no ingots in my inventory. Relogging did not fix the problem.

9. Grymspeak

Grymspeak Avatar

Just had the same thing happen to me. Broken ingot mold on final craft. 20 ingots disappeared from inventory.

10. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

did you delete the broken ingot mold? When stuff is created at a table, it remains selected when it is put into your inventory.

So if you delete the broken ingot mold, it also deletes everything that is selected...mainly your crafted ingots as well.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

Same thing happened to me just now. I just lost 31 meteoric ingots as a result of the ingot mold breaking. That was expensive.

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Never use the right-click menu to delete broken ingot molds! If you do it from the tiny inventory list on the crafting table, you may not notice that other items are selected when you try to delete the mold. Always sell broken ingot molds to an NPC vendor! Or at least press I for a fresh inventory window and delete from there.

As for the original poster, if items are staying red in your inventory list, your game client has probably gone out of sync with the server. You should log out to the password screen, wait at least 20 seconds (to ensure a fresh reload), and log back in again. They may not reappear right away, but they will probably show up again eventually.

13. Grymspeak

Grymspeak Avatar

Would have been nice to know before losing all my hard work. If what you say is true, that all items on the crafting table are deleted along with the mold, then I would recommend a fix be implemented. Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.