Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lost key Serpent Spine to Spindrift passage

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Dirk Hammerstrike, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Before the TLDR... did anyone else lose their key to this passage?

We were doing the Serpent Spine mine this evening, we head back up to hit the passage... and we got stuck at the gate. I've had the key for a long time and used it repeatedly. I keep my keys, maps, quest items in a backpack so I don't lose them and reduce clutter. But tonight, no key. Another party member thought they had the key from before as well... but no key. We diverted to the Equitas passage one (I still had that key) and fun was had by all. But, kinda surprised at the key loss. Checked bank, boxes, etc. Not sure how it disappeared. Odd that it seems to have happened to 2 of us.

iansmellios likes this.
  2. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

There was talk that Port was going to make the keys one use only at some point. I don't think I saw it in the release notes, but it's always possible that it was included in one of the recent releases. Other than this evening, when was the last time you used it?

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

By design I'm afraid.

That they could be used multiple times was a bug. The intent for them was single use only.

EDIT:
    Should be noted - that is my personal recollection of earlier statements and not an official statement as a Bug Hunter. So things could have changed since then, awaiting confirmation/denial from Portalarium.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

This change seems strange to me o_O

iansmellios and x_Selene_x like this.
  5. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I remember reading that the key was not dropping when you kill the elite stayr Loathsome Trafficker in the mine. It only drops the key to the other passage - Equitas, which should be the other one Vile Overseer.

If they are one use only, the door should stay open permanently. If not, then you have to find and kill the satyr every time you want to go that way.

6. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Aye someone mentioned that but nothing in the release notes. I hadn't done Spindrift Passage since just prior to R36.

And thats where its kinda confusing, as I still have the Equitas passage key, even after using it again last night. So definitely a bug somewhere ;-) Someone in the party suggested that it rusted away... which then of course makes me think of item decay and how awesome that would actually be... Maybe not single use, but you only get to use it 2 or 3 times (or even on a timer) before it breaks / rusts away.

We killed both multiple times so yeah... no Spindrift passage key dropping.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i thought of that too! not item decay exactly, but that they should be changing the locks on a regular basis.

8. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I thought these passages were considered alternate methods of travel through Novia. I found the exploration and use god in certain areas and worthless in others. If they make the keys 1 time use they would in essence make the passages almost worthless as a means of travel.

You can run around a control point without being required to kill a mob to get through, making single use keys would then require you to kill/buy your way through these passages on each attempt. I hope they decided against this change and it was just a. Bug.

9. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

If the plan is to force everyone to either farm bosses and sell keys, or to re-do every area every time one wants to take a shortcut, then let me say it's EXTREMELY disappointing.

I can understand one-use for treasure chest keys. But passages? You have to clear the entire game every time you want to take advantage of the underground network? Do designers want to empty ALSO the underground of players?

10. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I would like to use Spindrift someday to bypass Vauban. The Kiln exit to Midmaer passage is a great shortcut to the Crypt of the Avatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.