Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lot Decay

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by rune_74, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

The rate is already 2-weeks. That seems like a good period of time for pre-alpha. I've personally never had a problem finding housing. If you can't find anywhere in a hub city to plop a row house...then put it in a PoT. If you can't find anywhere in a hub city to plop your village or town lot...go to a nearby town. Want easy access to Owl's Head? Check out Holtrot, Owl's Wash, Righ Inis. I have never had problems finding real estate there. Want to be closer to Ardoris? Look into Redmill, Aldwater or really any of the various towns really nearby.

And just in case someone stumbling on this wasn't aware, you can hit P in a town while you're running around to help locate vacant lots. When you get within a certain distance they will project a thin column of light into the air. The column will recede after a moment though, so you have to keep spamming P. Lot hunting is often best done at night for max visibility of columns. :)

2. smack

smack Avatar

Currently the rules are:
    - must have been logged in to the game in the past 7 days
    OR
    - must have moved an object on the property (owner or anyone with permissions) in the past 7 days

Would changing that so both requirements must be met to weed out those that never really visit/use their lots in the game at all? Should the time constraints be the same for both conditions?

Also, what about adding back all those PRTs they took away recently?

3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm not sure where this whole owls head things started....thinking of seriously deleting this thread as it has gone over to the dark side of entitlement etc when the original point was it would be nice to free up the ones that are just not being used...

I honestly didn't want to take anything from anyone...and I didn't know they were easier to get. I didn't try in a few releases as it was impossible....so I gave up.

Why something so simple is this big a deal I have no idea.

smack pretty sure it's 14? it says that on the signs.

4. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Rune, I wasn't saying you were entitled. I was using Owl's Head and Ardoris as examples within an example. Please don't lump me in with whatever drama ensued between you and another poster. And when I say 'you', in this context I mean anyone struggling to find real estate.

It is worth mentioning also, The Town Crier lies. That is, it often takes a while for the Town Crier to update the accurate information on how many lots are available in a town. If you just entered the town, I've noticed it can take several minutes for it to reflect how many are actually available. There was a thread on this somewhere as well.

4EverLost likes this.
  5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Lot decay is currently accelerated for the alpha.

The releases are once a month. It's quite common that people are going to be playing a lot in the days after release and then not touch the game again for three weeks when the next release is available so they can see if the bugs they reported last time have been fixed. It's very rare that we see game updates more than a week after each release.

No, they're not. The decay is 14 days.

smack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.