Lot deeds for structures other than housing

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Mingo Ebonmark, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

There are so many empty lots in the world I would love to see them utilised in some way. A suggestion would be allowing guild masters to be able to place deeds for some kind of "monument of the virtues" with choices such as a small stone statue, or a fountain etc. It could have a plaque to advertise their guild and even perhaps allow guild members to choose it's location to teleport scroll to.

2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

People can already place statues and stuff on village sizes and above. You just set the house to none, then drop the deco on. Greenhouses are quite popular like that.

But really what we need for the empty lots is more players. Hopefully the devs get the tutorial right at the end of September and retention of new players goes up. Plus summer will be over shortly afterwards so we should see a boost there.

3. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

That sounds rather expensive? I was thinking along the line of a cheap affordable deed that still has upkeep but cheap enough for a guild leader to put one in every town! if they so wished to. The deed would only allow you to place a specific structure such as my example "monument of a virtue". I was thinking it could also have some use for the guild such as advertising their name around the world and... even better... it would allow guild members to teleport to the monument!

jutman and FrostII like this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I see. A limited use deed. Not a bad idea.

FYI, there are actually a lot of very built out towns. Have a look at PaxLair, and it's nested towns, as well as everything Central Brittany.

I like to think of us in the early colonial period. Some people have land but are not here yet, others have shown up and are making something of their space. This also means there is a lot of possibilities for the newcomers.

5. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

I would think that a Guild Deed could afford to be a move expensive deed. You do, ideally, have a guild full of people to divide up the cost of the deed between instead of just the one player.

I think what would really make this happen is more guild features. If we could setup things like taxes and more in-depth ranks it might help.
    Currently there is already a Guild Chapter House setting. What about if they set it up so that in addition to Guild Chapter House they could have a setting where any guild member can become a tenet of the Guild Monument by just clicking toggling that monument's stone and from that point they will be responsible for taxes to support it?

6. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

Not really a guild deed, I was jut throwing out an idea for a deed that only a guild leader could use, so to limit how many would be placed in the world. A limited use deed that is limited to only guild leaders for some kind of utility or advertising structure that would not allow for regular buildings or housing being placed. Something cheaper than the deeds that are for sale now, allowing guild leaders to put many all over the world just to fill up all the empty little ghost towns.

7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Town, city lots were intended for Guild use. I see no need for a seperate deed. What is important to me with lots will be the continuation of the Flexible Placement stretch goal, allowing us to move buildings anywhere on a lot, giving us a lot more room for creativity.

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

I do not mean a deed lot for guild use, I was just using it as an example. I was suggesting a cheap "limited" deed that was restricted to only guild leaders and restricted you so you could only place a specific small utility structure , guild leaders could place them all over the world for guildies to use. Thus helping to fill up all the empty space. My example was a monument such as a fountain or a statue where guildies can teleport to when they use their teleport scroll - instead of clicking a "friend" to teleport to, you would also see the option "Guild monument in Greyacre" etc...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  9. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The only abstract I can fathom from this harkens back to a suggestion of making a POT guildstone that has a radius to it where the guild leader can place it down and a town owner could grant limited stewardship to owners of the guild stone.

It would not be full steward rights to the entire POT map, but it would allow a group of people to arrange plots and POT deco inside their guild stone’s radius.

Spoon likes this.
  10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Wow, that's a cool idea!

11. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

I appraise the ideas and some of it really sounds cool.
    But please, let's not waste more dev time into POTs, Housing, Dance Partys and what not or in short "The Sims" game.

Fix and improve the entire Episode 1 stuff first.
    Tons of things need attention as has been mentioned already in 10+ different threads.

It is beyond my understanding as to why the focus is again shifted to new things such as "Player Made Dungeons" and "Episode 2" instead of truly improving Episode 1.

12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. I am here to offer my 2 coins. I like the idea of limited use deeds. They could be used to fill out some vacant areas and make the town more picturesque. I worry about them being abused though. What would it be like for 20 people to get place anywhere limited use deeds and put a statue on it in a market row. There would need to be some management of limited use deeds and that will kill the idea in its entirety. My idea would be to allow a limited number of limited use deeds to be placed in an area with some control of what they will be used for. Many cities could use a park, a monument, a maze, a dance floor or many other things. I have used a village deed to place a Memorial Grave yard. Anyone can bring a headstone place it and add a name. Then come back and visit when ever you want. But I would not want a NPC or POT town to be over run with graveyards or statues.

Just to be clear this would be an ability for all uses. POT Governors already have the ability to place statues and other large deco (Telescope) in their town and it does not require a deed. Either way this is great to offer ideas and maybe the devs will see them and think of a way to implement it. Keep the ideas coming!

13. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

could introduce lot deed dedicated to refining buildings ,u can decide whoever can use it , friends, guild or open to all.

add a skill in every refining tree to be able to build one.
    a skill to upgrade production time another to lower production cost
    another to increase number of player that can use the building at same time.
    another to add more available product

player invest in deed and buildings and get money back slowly :)

jim is lazy to smelt his 10k silver, he brings component to smelting building , pays owner 30k gold , come back few days later and get it.
    maybe building owner get some crafting xp for each completed task.

ebonmark likes this.
  14. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

It would be great to introduce limited zone lot deeds that have lower taxes and cost than a full house lot deed. It would help fill up some empty spaces in the verse.
    Could have a Farming lot deed allowing deco limited to farming, maybe have no basement available.
    A Monument Deed allowing cert types of decorations.
    Who knows they could also drop these limited deed in loot

Taxes add up quickly, a village is 30K per month, I have been reluctant to place my town deed because it 60K per month. And mostly I want the Vineyard/garden not in the funds at the moment.
    Economic balancing techniques could bring about more balance to game spreading out the population from Brit and Elysium and filling in unused town. The finish the oracle quest and get a row deed was a great start to help new players feel less like a 'have not'.

I would also like to see reduced taxes or rebates on towns and lots placed in areas of the map that are quite devoid of player interaction currently. Norgard, North Paladis, Drachvald, and Verdantis come to mind.
    There are also a lot of unused place anywhere towns. Many of these were designated to be Player Run towns. Perhaps there could be an election or award system that could appoint Player governors similar to Blood Bay and make those towns a place to at least stop by and trade instead of teleporting home after every encounter. To figure it out player behavior needs to be understood, and incentives to modify that behavior should be economically viable. This especially applies to newcommers, as long time players are likely significantly invested already. Provide incentives for seasoned players to modify the distribution of resources and entertainment, let the newcomers see a path to becoming more relevant to the community, then overall population should increase.

Imagine if a Limited Deed only for the town of Smaragar, dropped with a taxable vendor that could only be applied to that lot. And once you are a resident of the PRT you could be elected governor. Maybe the governor could place some of the NPCs, and last look no NPC vendors in Norgard sold arrows. <shameless plug> See my vendor near Estgard Docks if you need arrows in Norgard <shameless plug>. And as governor with location/deco limited deeds the town could be beautified to attract more players, that may get a tax rebates as a homesteading feature. That is an ingame opportunity to utilize player drive to build out the existing landscape into useable space.

IMHO

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    ebonmark likes this.
  15. Mingo Ebonmark

Mingo Ebonmark Avatar

We are on the same wavelength! GAME ON!

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

A lot taken is still taken even if you aren't putting a house on it. You're not taking up any less space.

The reason for all the empty space is first a lack of players. The game world is large enough to support many more than play now, and the game can scale to many many more. All the "good" (desirable) NPC town spaces have already been taken, many by people who are not actively playing, and some by lot squatters who still hope that an RMT market for lot locations will develop eventually. If any of these people don't keep logging in, their lots will start to drop off in a few months.

It is secondly because player-owned towns have in general been a success, and players would rather be in one with a good location than an NPC town in the hinterlands.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.