1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequence Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Interestingly, it's not possible to add $1 to your pledge as far as I know. You can't donate in arbitrary amounts--you have to go by monthly payments--so the best way to do it now for an existing Lord is to start monthly payments to Baron and just cancel a few months after you hit Lord Marshal if you really want top priority. I have no idea why anyone would do this, though, since there very likely won't be many people at all in Group 1.

StarLord and Time Lord like this.
  2. Andrew Knightowl

Andrew Knightowl Avatar

Question i have is i see player's logging out too keep the plot location they wish to have a house>when release is final will everyone start in one location like away from house plots ?

3. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Better hope no one takes the lot you logged out by. If you logged out by a really nice spot, odds are someone else will take it. Otherwise it probably doesn't matter at all if you log out there or if you log out somewhere else and just run there.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

That was my thinking, or add on item store credit can be applied to your pledge maybe? I've never tried that.

5. Net

Net Avatar

What about recruiting bonus? I suppose that most people 'close to the next tier' are those with recruiting money in their account who really can not affor do pay few hundreds of dollars to reach the next tier (or they still plan to continue recruiting).

6. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I would expect a player wipe before house selection sequence starts. We'll all start at the same place and mad sprint to where we want to be. (since we have instancing it wont be too overcrowded).

7. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yup, that would be the way to pledge more than the minimum to reach the next tier o_O However, I do suspect that most Lords will, in fact, upgrade to Lord Marshal ;)

Jambo, Time Lord and Lonn Bimmer like this.
  8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

There are lots of questions that have been asked about the claiming process leading to lots of unknowns regarding the process. For example, does everyone get to log all on the same day, but can claim lots only during your claim period. Will you create a temp char to claim your lot, then create your permanent character later. we do know that there is going to be 3 starting areas based on virtue question or questions that are answered during char creation. That's going to influence what you can or can't do. Until they show us what the claiming process is going to be like, it's hard to say what we can and can't do.

Celestial Knight likes this.
  9. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

I think there is one group too many for every in tier sequence - 2 is enough.
    Remove Group 1.
    Rename Group 2 to Group 1 and change to (in the example above) $1700+
    Rename Group 3 to Group 2 and change to $1500 - $1699
    (or other suitable amounts depending on the pledge level in question)

It would simplify matters.

10. Crikey

Crikey Avatar

The change-over time limit in R5 was a 5 minute wait, this stops Lot-hopping. So, that waiting-time seems likely to stay the same, unless some significant reason comes along to change it?

11. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I misread. I guess the first group is Lord Marshalls who have pledged to $2500 or $300 over the $2200 tier.

Drystone likes this.
  12. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Wondering whether moment of pledge still has key relevance. I did pledge day 1 of Kickstarter....does this still have a concrete relevance?

13. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Since you as all Kickstarter backers got your money deducted after Kickstarter ended the only relevance is, that you are in the Royal Founders group of your tier.

14. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Olahorand,
    what you say it's not completely true.

If you go into your account panel, you will notice that there is a date close to your pledge...and that date indicates the day i pledged into KS not the day my money was deducted...therefore i believe this has some relevance...i remember that back those days someone from portalarium said something about pledging period relevance...but i can't remember...that is why i was asking for a confirmation.

15. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

For the Placement tiers that include multiple pledge levels (e.g. those listed below), how is "minimum pledge amount" determined? Is it the lowest possible pledge amount across all the tiers or for each person is it the amount over the "founder/benefactor pricing" for their current tier/status.
    • Lord of the Manor 1 & 2
    • Barons 1, 2 & 3
    • Lord & Lord Marshal
    • Knight & Knight Marshal

For example (Baron):
    Group 1 = Full 104 hours (+ time until launch day)​
    Royal Founders (pre May 20, 2013 Backers)​
    Total Pledge > $2500 (over minimum pledge amount)​

Baron 1 founder price: $3000
    Baron 2 founder price: $3500
    Baron 2 benefactor price: $3700
    Baron 3 founder price: $3600
    Baron 3 benefactor price: $3800

Is the "minimum pledge amount" $3000 for all Barons or is it the number listed above depending on your current tier?

16. Net

Net Avatar

Afaik it is $3000 for all Barons, so it is likely that Barons 3 will get lot placement priority. At least that is how it works with Lord & Lord Marshal.

17. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

We had some discussion on that. What it came down to is time of pledge matters, but the granularity that they were able to offer is Royal Founder, Founder, Benefactor (Kickstarter, 1st year(with founder upgrade), beyond(or no founder upgrade)). Letting people in 1 at a time to allow for the day/time/amount of pledge wouldn't work too well... the players came up with a way of allowing it (having everyone assigned a number based on amount/date/time of pledge and then claiming the lot you want, bumping someone with a lower number, giving you a claimed message if it's a higher or same number) But the dev's don't seem to think that's a viable option. It does have it's issues, like people waiting for the last moment and bumping people off who claimed in the first hour who now have to scramble. I came up with some things to help negate that effect. The system is outlined in detail in a document in Lonestranger's signature. This obviously requires more coding on the Dev's part than their current plan of just gating accounts in at intervals.

Maric, Time Lord and Lordy like this.
  18. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

So i guess ks is just a Big bowl of group1 People. ...

19. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Yep, unless you add more money than you have to for your pledge. There are 3 tiers within the kickstarter group. Those who go well beyond, those who go a bit beyond, and the people who paid the minimum. So it is tempting to add a bit extra to my pledge to get at least to the 2nd group.

Right now they don't know if they'll announce the price points (letting people pledge up to get in groups) or if they'll hide it till pledges are done then do it based on percentages over...
    I really don't know what the best way is to handle that. There are positives and negatives to both things. So no matter which way they go someone wont be happy.

I think i'd lean towards they announce the price points so we know how much we have to get into it to get to the tier we want. I don't want to pledge $20 to find out I didn't make it to tier 2. I'd also hate to pledge $300 extra and found out I'd need to pledge $350 to reach the top tier, so I just missed it.

-From the way it looks now, if you pledge to the Lord Marshal tier and you are a royal founder, you will be first to place without a need to pledge more, which I think is great. It might be enough to get me to go up to that pledge knowing I get in first for town lots.

20. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

i don't think Dukes tier is that overpopulated :) I'll just sit back, relax and enjoy the show :)

Mishri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.