1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequence Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

So, the only thing that sucks about this is:

Let's say you're at Lord Marshal and purchased an additional village lot for yourself.

You have 3 lots, your main town lot, which you get to place early, and then 2 village lots that you must place way, way after all the best lots have been taken.

Some structures can only fit on town lots, so you are restricted to placing your main property on that lot. In many cases, because of the limited structures that can be placed on water lots, you will have to place inland.

Water lots, by definition, will be much rarer, and more coveted than all other lots.

This means that people that want to place the lighthouse on a water lot will be out of luck if they're at Lord level or higher, because it's highly unlikely they'll forgo their Lordly Mansion, and it means the chances of being able to successfully place a lighthouse will be much slimmer because by the time their second turn comes around, most of them will be taken by the Knights.

In this case, if you are a player that favors the lighthouse, you have actually hurt yourself by increasing your support to portalarium.

Is this fair ?

Jamesius and Frang Shepard like this.
  2. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

That still has a few things that many won't be able to obtain. It's worth keeping plus the game will cost more than the price you backed at. But if your set on selling it the market has a high demand for Royal founder pledges.

Mishri, NRaas and Time Lord like this.
  3. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

Well if your going to place a lighthouse over a lord manor that's the sacrifice your giving up. Houses are in part why people pledged more along with the goodies and supporting the game. So ya it's fair and the second lots should stay at the end of the process so everyone has their primary placed.

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

Shouldn't we be allowed to choose which lot is our main lot, if that is the case ? For example, If I want a lighthouse placement, let me place my village lot, which is designed for the lighthouse, on a water lot during my main window, and let me place my town lot, which is much more common, at the time of the add-on store.

Isn't that more fair ?

That way I'm guaranteed both what I pledged for and my favored structure out of all my rewards.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

This is true, and why I am thinking at this time of selling. The in game rewards that come with the acct are of little import. Just need to decide if I want to sell. I still support this project, and should it come to market, I will want to play the game. Just a bit turned off by some aspects of the funding process.

Chatele, Crikey, Kuno Brauer and 2 others like this.
  6. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

Not really, cause that adds into the argument of a divided picking order and allowing people to take advantage of the system. It's not right for a LOTM to pick the best village lot possible since he knows his castle plot is unable to be challenged. Just going to have to hope for a good spot or make a trade with a person in game for a different location.

7. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

Hahha Knights of Glory and Beer, Love it!!

Time Lord and StaReaver like this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Why not ? Someone that paid 12,000 dollars to the game should rightfully be able to pick any lot they want, as long as it's only one, first. They will lose the best situated castle lots, there can't be too many...

How is that taking advantage ? You paid more than anyone else, you have one lot to place during your initial window, you just want to make sure you can place a lighthouse, which is harder than most other structures to place. Why shouldn't you go over someone who dropped 750 bucks ?

Jamesius, Mishri and Time Lord like this.
  9. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

I'm a RF Duke and I'm pretty sure I'll be in the top 50 people placing a house. I don't think it's right that I can take claim to any lot of my choosing and worry about my keep lot later cause it's untouchable. That's just my opinion as someone that could easily screw knights that want a lighthouse and pledged that level to get water property.

10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And you're complaining about me requesting changes to the Knight Marshal's keep...

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Knight Marshal's Keep is really nice already. make it any bigger and it's better than the Lord's house for sure. I might even end up using the knight marshal keep over the lord houses anyway... (Will have to walk through them both in game to decide) It certainly shouldn't be made any bigger/better or the Lords are going to throw a fit again and need another redesign making it bigger/better than the knight marshal house. Obviously the nicest/biggest Town house should be the Lord Marshal Hall. It should rival(but not be bigger/better than) a baron home in grandeur and size for the additional cost of the pledge.

One thing I'm not too clear on is placement priority. Lord Marshall's go with Lords, if a Lord Royal Founder pledges 100 over the required level (1500) will they go before a lord marshal who pays only the minimum? Or will the lord marshal always go first?

I'd think that the person that put more than necessary should go first. There is another issue, a royal founder lord could pay 1600 if they pledged up now, but they didn't pledge more than they had to. How would that be determined?

12. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

Good question. I'm guessing that if both are royal founders, The Lord who pledges over the limit to be in group 1 would only place with lord marshals that pledge over their limit to end up in group 1. But at the same time this just complicates the overall process.

I know they want to minimize the time needed for each tier but it's better that each group goes separately, otherwise someone will complain and I'm still for stadium style picking of each town. If you play the releases at some point you should know what lot your picking when it comes time.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I have no desire to have it made bigger... It is almost perfect, other than some really picayune things that I can overlook easily. I would very much like to see, though, the keep be made less ... rustic. The construction looks as if it were built by a poor mason, and/or the resident doesn't have the funds to do proper upkeep. I don't wish to be perceived as a Knight who can't afford to maintain his own keep. I would like a minor re-skinning to bring it up to an appearance comparable to the Knight Founder's keep... which underwent its own revision after the initial release. All of my other criticisms are quibbles.

15. Shortina

Shortina Avatar

Now that I am poorer in real life, but now have a 4-Story row house and 2-Story row basement in game. Would anyone know where these row house plots are located, I couldn't seem to find them during the E3 week playtest. Or will they only be implemented R7?

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

From what I've learned in reading and searching, it seems that an online search in chr is necessary. "But you can ask any town's crier and they will tell you how many are available in that town".
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

17. Hayate

Hayate Avatar

It's a new edition to the game, not sure when they will be added into the game. Within the next few releases we should see something. Probably R7.

Raffy and Time Lord like this.
  18. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Has nothing to do directly with your comment. As many keep using the word "nicer" as describing a criteria of a higher pledge must be.

But i was wondering why it always has to look nicer the higher pledge tier. How about different beautiful and bigger size.

I hope all houses , no matter what pledge tier look Beautiful. The difference should be only in the sice and square meter. But saying the higher pledge needs to be nicer means in the opposite you want the other buildings below not so pretty. . :)

Could we all agree that all buildings require to be pretty. :)

Does envy always have to be the one with more money.
    Why shall we all not envy everyone for the unique style he has choosen, no matter what pledge level he is.

And Darkstarr , wonderful post. I was more for the Web Tool. But 10 hours time frames should be enough no matter where you are living on earth. :)

Soleidad and Time Lord like this.
  19. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

well as its fresh to my brain it sounds a bit complex. just wondering why addon lots get the lowest priority and costs arent factored into selection sequence. am i mistaken to think purchasing an addon lot still contributes to the game just the same as a pledge?

20. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Lot selection priority was a guarantee made to pledge backers, with no such promise given to users purchasing lots via the store.

By that logic, *all* the pledge backer lots have higher priority than store-bought lots, and therefore must go ahead in the process.

As for order *within* the store-bought community itself: It does not really matter if say Village lot owners go at the same time as City lot owners, since each will be claiming a different size lot during the period (excepting of course, the odd user who purchased a *more* expensive lot deed and decided to claim a lower-sized lot instead). :)

Deliverence and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.