1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequence Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Actually it kind of does. Because a city lot person can place on any lot size lower than city too. For example a Knight Marshal who has a town lot, might want to place his/her house on a really good village lot instead of placing it in an okay town plot.

Numa and Mizzen like this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Veylen's inquiry was in regards to the separation of Pledge-backer lots, and store-bought lots.

*No* promises of lot priority were given to store-bought lots, ever.

I'm unclear as to what you are referring under that context. :)

Time Lord and Isaiah like this.
  3. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

well from all there is to read sometimes its hard to find details like that, when i purchased add on it never mentioned your founding status or how you purchased a lot would factor into when you got it, which, on the addon store purchase page would be ideal place to list critical info like that instead of buried somewhere on the forums. its also to me personally, like moving the goalpost after kicking a field goal, maybe is was deliquent research on my part but had i understood that this was how it would work i would have been a founder instead of benefactor. this kind of information should have been available easily and early not after everyone already was locked in to something on a moving platform which details changed too late to make a difference. just my opinion.

i never said we should get any priority over anyone else, i just asked why it was the way it is. and why it doesnt factor into your total pledge amount if both addon purchases and regular pledges both go to help the game.

i know what im getting is cheaper than a citizen and i should get a lower lot order, which is fine, because im getting a good deal. but its the details of having a decision made now affecting my lot priority based on a decision i made back when that is unchangable and that it wasnt more easily understood.

the whole lot and housing thing to me has been very confusing, maybe i'm dense or maybe i'm expected to dig in forums for info i dont even know its there. but there are some things that would have been easy to do that would have helped and were overlooked like info placement etc etc.

either way, i'm not angry and i understand the schedule has been difficult for everyone im just coming to terms with being on the bottom of lot selection.

and if higher ups all decide to choose a better village lot over a town or whatever they have acess to, and all i have access to is village and i cannot get a town lot. well, they said there would be enough for everyone which is fine i just hope that everyone doesnt decide to get cool small lots and leave people that have no other option but village lots up the creek without a paddle. i know they'll make it right and my concerns are probably unfounded. just thinking out loud. sometimes i bite off more than i can chew and dig thru info and dont recollect everything ive read because of other things i've got going on competing for space in my brain.:p

4. Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea

Anosa Saycosie of Gilnea Avatar

At the very least it would come off as a country gentleman...like Don Quixote...

[​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Veylen The AenigmA

i dont see the point in letting people with massive lots go first unless they just want them to be able to snap up a ton of extra village lots to sell its not like the mass of people below them can even get the lots the high tiers have access to but it does work the other way around so there will be very little selection for village lots by the time they get to benefactors with sub thousand dollar pledges whereas even if the high level pledges got to go later they would still have their cream of the crop choices since they have access to huge lots that nobody else does.. kindof makes no sense to me.

strabo likes this.
  6. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

You can only claim one lot on your turn. So if a LOTM doesn't have a particular castle lot he's interested in, he could possibly choose a village/town/city. But only one. As there will be a huge number of village lots I really don't see an issue.

7. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

Ok, waiting for help.... Upgraded account last week, logged in account wiped no upgrades/where do I get help?

8. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

We are currently in pre-alpha phases of the game. Nobody has received their pledge rewards yet. You're not supposed to have your upgrades. Is that what you mean?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

So each month everyone gets wiped? where did our plot and building go?

Time Lord likes this.
  10. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

So far that has been the case, correct.

The game will not go persistent for a while yet. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

You realize it is still pre-release correct? : )

RDouglas and Time Lord like this.
  12. Veylen The AenigmA

Well being able to choose one lot doesnt change the fact i can only select one type of lot meanwhile others can select my type of lot plus any other so it still leaves me with less to choose from overall and even less so with this lot selection process so ill be left likely with choosing whatever is available. If anything villager only people should go first since we have no other options. It should go bottom tier, top tier, second from bottom, second from top and meet in the middle

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You should also take into account the number of people you're talking about. The number of Lords Marshals is tiny in comparison to the number of lots that will be in the world. They are the only pledge level with an extra Village lot, and how many of that number do you realistically think are going to abandon their preferred time to choose a Town lot for a Village lot? My firm belief is that will be a tiny percentage of the already tiny percentage of the total population of Landed backers that are Lords Marshal.

If you really believe it will be an issue, you have the option of joining one of the player owned towns and remove yourself from the land rush altogether.

Deliverence, Numa and Time Lord like this.
  14. Veylen The AenigmA

yeah but they can still pick any lot they want and have multiple lots. as long as everyone gets to pick one lot before they start on the second wave of lot selection for teh same people i am ok but i still like my idea of filling it from the bottom i mean why not let the village lot benefactors go first there are more of them and i doubte a lotm will want one of those lots anyway.

ok i ammed my idea, it should go, Highest pledge, lowest pledge(that has a lot), second highest, second lowest. etc..
    i bought mine in the addon store because i just cant do the citizen level pledge so i went the cheap route. i guess i should have expected to get the leftover lots and last choice but i was hoping i could get a good spot.

instead of just going straight down i think it would be more beneficial to everyone if they met in the middle with lot selection or at least some variation. hey can you blame me for trying to get a better lot selection spot for myself? and to me, it makes perfect sense. and i'm sure it does as well to the majority of backers who are in the same boat. i'd rather be with my friends than have a prime lot personally. but all my friends have way bigger lots than I. :/ maybe we can create a a poets circle bard town. lol ARE YOU WITH ME? MUSICTOWN UNITE!

15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Most posts I see about the competition for housing assume that the world is very finite and only for the backers and players we have. I'm sure that Portalarium expects many more players than just us here, so I'm sure there will be ample good places for all our extra lots as well as those that are our mains in the coming public release build. Our coming world New Britannia is vast and will never be finite.
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

* (There is no truth to the roomer that the coming Moons to our New Britannia sky will someday be habitable for housing by us and there is also no truth to the roomer that once these Moons are accessed, that we will secretly be operating remote controlled robots on the real Moon to help build a colony base buildings for NASA. The Space treaty between our Lord British and the Aliens prohibits EA and Origin games from infecting the rest of the universe beyond the orbiting limits of the International Space Station) *

16. Lord Blade

Lord Blade Avatar

I am going to bypass the land rush by purchasing my own city, lol. The only way I would have participated would be for the waterfront lot and since I am staying at Lord Marshall there really isn't a reason. :)

17. Veylen The AenigmA

imma hold you to that :p .. TIME LORD TOLD ME I COULD HAVE A LOT THAT I WANTED. ANY LOT. :p

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Veylen The AenigmA

im sure we can come to an arrangement, im a lowly benefactor explorer. so.. you get your plot. i get mine. should work fine. what a rhyme! wheres the bards when you need em.they, being everyone above my pledge level. has plenty to choose from plot wise, i however, am drastically limited in what i can select. so why not let those with less options choose first?

go team tightwads(for whatever reason) go!

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Can you build some slums for the working class poor to move into?

mhoward48, Chatele and Time Lord like this.
  20. Numa

Numa Avatar

I was thinking of this very thing just a while ago. The 4 story Row House looks awfully attractive, paid a visit to one at the outskirts of Owl's head. Having a Royal Artisan's pledge (Benefactor) with no real desire to go higher at this point, it makes more sense to me to get the 4 story Row House plus Row house lot for a total of $135 of addons rather than shelling out $185 to upgrade to an Ancestor pledge.

I don't mind paying taxes or dues, some of my guildies over at SC are bound to find their way here anyway and the possibility is good that those expenses will be shared (if not, I"ll be happy to pay them anyway). And the availability of a basement facility makes this setup pretty compelling :

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.