1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequence Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

No way to know. Depends on how many go for a water front vs land and how many there are. All you can do is get on as quickly as possible once your placement slot opens and try for one as fast as you can.

Deliverence and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  2. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Unless you have a place in a POT, then you dont have to do the land grab.

3. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

So wait, I'm a Royal Founder Edelmann, I bought in at the very start of Kickstarter, but a person that came along later and is only a Benefactor but pays for a Knights pledge is able to place before me!

is this only to force me to pay more money and jump up a tier? I'm a little disgruntled at this possibility..

all founders should be able to place before the Benefactor placement begins.. that's just my humble opinion

Maric and Lord Blake Blackstone like this.
  4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I think it's very fair. The higher the tier, the sooner you pick because you've contributed more. But royal founders always go first within that tier. That encourages everyone to upgrade their pledge.

5. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

It's really only the knights who have this over the edelmann folk as all the higher tiers will be aiming for town and city plots not village plots

Gaelis and fantalio like this.
  6. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Not from reading this thread, many were discussing choosing lesser sized lots first because they are not in jeopardy of losing a house spot.

But my issue is that founders were promised first lot choice, not benefactors. Sorry if I'm being a bit of a D**k, but we were there at the start, funding kickstarter and getting the ball rolling. At least that's how I remember it. I guess I can understand this as a push for players to upgrade and further fund a find we all love.

Oh well. It will be what it will be.

Maric likes this.
  7. berpo

berpo Avatar

During this lot selection process, are players who may claim lots designated by their tier able to PURCHASE LOTS WITH IN-GAME GOLD? just wondering if early players can horde a bunch of lots because its easy to farm the gold needed for lots

8. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

You can only claim ONE lot during that time.
    For us that get 2 lots in the pledge, we can still only chose one.'

So the answer is NO

Koldar and Duke NRaas like this.
  9. RitualOfFlame

RitualOfFlame Avatar

Let me get this: can an Immortal Adventurer like me own a tier in the game on public release, or is it mandatory to pay for it anyway? Thank you

10. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

I was thinking that the pledge lot selection process might occur before the server is open for regular play, so that access is limited to only those with a valid claim, and no other activites can be performed during this time.
    As per my post in another thread here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/q4-schedule.15280/page-5#post-249577

mhoward48 likes this.
  11. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Once the pledge tiers have made their selections, all further property lots will be availiable for anybody to purchase either with ingame gold or from whatever add-on store options are available after release.

mhoward48, Koldar and Duke Raas like this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

As stated by others Royal Founder should be first in to place from any tier that is given.

So instead of Barons ( Royal - Founder - Benefactor)]

ALL the royal founders shold get to place FIRST Lord of the manor to Ancestor

Then founders Lords - Ancestor

then Benefators

I know you pay more you get better benefits but paying first shold ALSO get some benefit :-(

Ned888 likes this.
  13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

True but as long as you follow tiers i.e a royal founder first responder did help the game out with their $25 but that benifactor lord of the manner at $ 13000 did a little more imop.

14. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

That fact is not disputable, and I thank them for investing in our game. However, it was stated during a Kickstarter Dev hangout that the founders would have the benefit of first placement, and now does not appear so.

Besides I doubt a lotm, baron or duke is worried that a founder citizen will steal their keep or castle or even city plot!

Btw, a $25 pledge can't place a lot, as they do not have a plot to place!

I guess I'm tired of feeling that my $600 pledge at the start is less important than an $800 pledge that might be placed just before house placement!

Just my 2 cents

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Lol yea true. But founder knights go before benifactor knights so it's all fair right. Or are you saying that a founder citizen should pick before a benifactor knight?

16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Imop no matter how you do this one someone's gonna feel slighted so what's the most fair way to a dress it. Probably follow the tier structure but idk.

17. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

The way it stands now a benefactor knight, for example, will have choice of village lots before royal founder/founder village lot holders in a low tier (Edelmann, Citizen).

I can definitely see how that would concern founders/royal founders.

Devs are trying to balance fairness to early backers with the need to continue to attract newer players. Tough job but I think the balancing has been done pretty well (although I say that as a benefactor).

18. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

Well how bout making lot selection a two-round process so it goes:

Round 1: RF/F - by Pledge Tier
    Round2: Benefactor - by Pledge Tier

Or maybe that's already been suggested....

I'm pretty darn sure there will be lots and lots of room for everyone so i don't think there's really a need to stress about it. :)

Mata, Lord Lonn and Budner like this.
  19. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Even as a benefactor I think Sophi's idea is the most fair. EXCEPT that all us benefactors bought property with the understanding that placements order would be by rank, then tier. So the toothpaste is out of the tube on placement, I think.

20. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Please remember that if you are placing your lot in a POT, you need not worry about claiming your Lot,,The Town owner will hold one for you, as long as you talk to them before hand.

Duke Raas, Lord Baldrith and Koldar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.