1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequence Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

I'm part of a POT, but I have three characters, and only one will live in that town. My spot in our town is not the issue, the issue has nothing to do with POTs, so why bring it up?

The issue is simple, it's a promise made that seems to now be broken. Time will tell if the Devs honor their promise or not, but it may be to their detriment if they do not.

2. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Sorry, but no promise was broken. Been here since early kickstarter as well. It's always been about the benjamins. In kickstarter they never said founders would always go first because there were no founders, it was all about how much money you gave. Then much later they added benefactors, after that they came out with the official order. Before that was all assumption.

Duke Raas likes this.
  3. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Sorry, but you are incorrect or uninformed, you choose. It was in a hangout chat during kickstarter, and was focused at those who were currently supporting the project. If it were not so, I would not be posting in this thread!

4. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Lord Lew
    This was the first time (back in June) it was fleshed out *explicitly*, all other times the dev team simply said date and amount pledged determines selection order, with no specific details cited. Many of us had assumptions in our heads about what the selection order would be - myself included. But that's just it: they were assumptions. Some of us guessed wrong, some guessed right.

Regardless, this is their current plan - and it hasn't changed for over 5 months. Any video/post that predates the OP should be considered outdated.

IMO, all things considered, this is the most fair solution possible.

5. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

see Kholdar's answer above. You my friend are mistaken.

6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Kickstarter's are still supported in the sense that Royal Founders have a slight preference in lot selection, by pledge tier. Just not all at once, all first regardless of tier.

mhoward48 likes this.
  7. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Ok, I have the video saved, I'll go dig it out and review it.. Then proceed from there.. I don't make assumptions, I work on facts!

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

"TIER ORDER Sequence:
    • What is the TIER ORDER?
      • Tier order would start at the most expensive tiers and work backwards
      • Era order would start with the earliest backers (Royal Founders) and work forward
      • Dollar amount over minimum pledge amount will grant priority by being sorted into groups (i.e. NOT literally per dollar but rather greater/less than)
      • Total dollar amount will never get you sorted before another tier nor before another era (i.e. it is the last sort variable)"

So what's the issue?........Seems a very fair order and a very obvious order.

To be perfectly honest, regardless of an order (Royal Founders, Benefactors etc), unless you have literally pledged $$$$$ it is highly unlikely you will get the placement you want. And get this, what you might think is a good location....it might turn out 6 months down the line that it isn't.

mhoward48, Ariella and Time Lord like this.
  9. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Let Captain Jack paint you a picture.

Captain Jack becomes popular. He upgrades his pledge and buys a huge POT to stock it with the highest level pledgers he can find by running lame contests and building up his channel cred.

Soon as the game starts, the POT goes in and coolest high level backers are placing their massive cash polygons in it. Captian Jack waits until all plots in the game are taken and then revokes all access and boots everone out!

Captain Jack will then smile and get drunk.

Ariella, Time Lord and Sophi like this.
  10. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

That's... evil :cool:

Ariella and Time Lord like this.
  11. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

I would think if a town owner revoked access, the property would be demolished, and all items inc. the lot deed and house deed returned to the players bank (I assume the same mechanic used if you didn't keep up rent on a npc lot). Still, must be nice to dream up these evil plots:)

Ariella and Time Lord like this.
  12. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

No no, Captain Jack is not out to destroy items in houses by booting people out and you are right, items go back to players in some way...BUT Captain Jack thinks those players will be holding on to their deeds for a while, after all the static town lots are gone and I boot them out of the town... Good luck trying to place it again anytime soon! So, still evil.

Moonshadow and Time Lord like this.
  13. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

Well
    That is definately more evil! You gain nothing apart from stopping them placing in a decent slot. Diabolical!...imagine the tears you'd harvest. And you're called captain jack? More like Doctor Evil...:)

14. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

I understand the Example. We of Phoenix Republic are buying it TOGETHER, therefore the POT owner should NOT lock us out. I know That Kazyn Phoenixfyre will be like That example.

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Cpt. Jack buys a town, and since he is not all that smart, he is the only one in his imaginary world in his guild, NO ONE joins him or donates any money and will not even bother to try and place a house in HIS town ... So from SOtA to CPT Jack - TY for your donation.

From all the other players, enjoy having ALOT of Square meters in available housing lots. You can make ALOT of different Mazes and a plot for each season or Holiday, you never have to take one down, you can create you own little "Cartman Playland".

Tiki Pirate likes this.
  16. Duke Steele

Duke Steele Avatar

So guys I've been awol and am somewhat confused by all these details.

Have they given a general timeframe for when lot selection will start taking place? From what I'm reading just before Official launch or? I assume that's basically what this means:

"We currently plan for Lot selection to start approximately 2 weeks before the general public is allowed in."

I'm a Kickstarter backer, Knight's pledge. I have a Royal Founder mark in my Account.

17. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

I believe that's pretty much it at the moment, yep. Shortly before launch, whenever that might be!

Koldar, Maric and Duke Raas like this.
  18. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

"Before Official Launch": That is as much as we know.

As to when that will be, only Portalarium knows, and they ain't tellin' yet. :)

Koldar and Maric like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Buying a town for the expressed purpose of creating your own little "Cartman Playland" is an entirely valid use of a player owned settlement. I know of at least one person who is doing exactly that. He will be the sole resident.

Moonshadow and Duke Raas like this.
  20. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Will there be punch and pie? Viva la Resistance.

Moonshadow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.