1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequencing: Date of Pledge also a factor

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

According to DarkStarr's last post on this subject:

The intent of adding date to the sequencing is to make certain that those who pledged before May 20, 2013 will get priority over those who pledged after. Any granularity beyond that is yet to be determined.

So, I guess, we'll have to wait and see...

Jambo, Time Lord, NRaas and 3 others like this.
  2. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Hey, that includes me! *Yay* ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I don't think the number is relevant... It's the date you pledged that is... I didn't get to pledge before April 2nd (long story, not relevant :oops:), but my number is 139!...
    (Of course, I wouldn't mind if it *did* go by number! :D)

Time Lord and Alexander like this.
  4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I believe you are correct. I believe the number you're speaking of is the order in which you signed up for this website. I pledged in March 2013 and I'm in the 2000's.

Bodhbh Deargh and Lord ByTor like this.
  5. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

As someone who was part of the original UO land grab, I'm still concerned about the house placement. But I'm also confident that the devs have a greater awareness of the problem and they already have some good ideas. Looking forward to more details on how it will pan out.

6. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Mine is the one with the grass & trees by the mountain & beach beside the orchard.
    STAY OFF!

Lord Gréagóir and Lord ByTor like this.
  7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Sigh. I hope they change their minds about putting remote lots like that in the game.

8. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Why is that? I hope to be some sort of frontier guardian for the nearest town. You're going to wish that I had my outpost when the horde of monsters and brigands comes over the hill to mow down Owl's Head.

Time Lord and Lord ByTor like this.
  9. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

It really shouldn't be the same kind of think. Trammel UO was a nightmare for various reasons. You had at least 5-10 people attempting to place a tower at the various "tower spaces" at the same time. Only one person was going to be lucky, the others would quickly have to recall to other locations.
    Bad placement by some meant that enough space for 3-4 houses was effectively ruined by the placing of a single house in the wrong way.
    With lots and all lots "being the same size" you eliminate that problem.

The only issue we're going to see here is "prime location". But at the end of the day I used to shop in UO by finding a place I liked not necessarily easy to find - there were some gems to be found if you explored enough.

Sir Mike Dragon likes this.
  10. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

During the trammel land grab my bro and I had already figured out some really good, little known spots. One is a spot where a tower will fit on fire island near where the dragons area. (You can tame dragons without being damaged by them or making them too angry to tame) The other was a good mining location near the ice dungeon. We had no trouble placing.

11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I'll try to make sure my remote lot is strategically placed near your outpost.

3devious likes this.
  12. Lord Regis

Lord Regis Avatar

This probably has been discussed in the forum before, but once sota opens its door, will lots still be available too purchase and will they be able to be purchased with in game gold?

13. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You will be able to purchase property lots using in-game currency, correct.

Lord Regis likes this.
  14. Lord Regis

Lord Regis Avatar

Ok thank you, but how many lots eventually will be released, I can't see am infinite about that would be crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

15. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

There will be a finite number of lots in the game, since placing a house requires that you choose a specific/predefined location on a map to do so.

As to how many unoccupied lots will be available on release, there has been no official word on that, other than to say "there will be some".

Lord Regis likes this.
  16. Lord Regis

Lord Regis Avatar

Gratz NRaas, then I guess it will most likely be in my best interest too buy one now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bodhbh Deargh and NRaas like this.
  17. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Or pledge to a high enough level to get a (tax free) lot... Benefactors will have precedence over those that buy one in the addon store... ;)
    (And founders over benefactors,etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Time Lord, Lord Regis and NRaas like this.
  18. Midgard TheDragonKing

Midgard TheDragonKing Avatar

So I'm a new founder Lord do I go before all knights but almost last to all lords that pledge more than a month ago? Sounds like I'm getting the worst town lot or best village lot lol

19. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

It's not as bad as you might think! You may be in the later group of Founder Lords, but you still get to choose before any Benefactor Lords, Founder Knights, Benefactor Knights, etc. You still have an excellent chance of getting a good town lot ;)

Jambo and Time Lord like this.
  20. Royou

Royou Avatar

I have looked and looked but can't find an answer to my question......

I am a founder and pledged on 8th March 2013 and am User No 224, I live in the UK an could not afford to get the Lords pledge as I intend in one payment, I am a Knight at the moment but will be starting a Lords installment payment to achieve my goal in the next few days, I am worried that I will miss the time as of the time difference, so will be booking a day off work so that I don't miss out.

I wish to know how we will be informed of our lot time and what happens if I find a plot and make a claim, but if then somebody in a better position than me also goes for the plot, would I be given some type of warning? I would not want to come back to find that my plot was gone, and that there were no others apart for a small village plot in the back of nowheresvill, my house boat and light house is going to look really stupid there. I want a coastal plot for these very two things, if there is a server crash and wipe, what happens then? is there going to be a way that once a plot is picked it can be time stamped and an email of notification be sent out to confirm placement, that way we have a backup plan.

I never want to relive the nightmare of house placement in UO in the early 2000's, 37 hours awake to end up giving up with exhaustion, server crash after server crash the lag on Europa was a nightmare, and I never got a plot, to say that I would not be happy if that were to happen again would be an understatement to say the least.

Time Lord and Kirthag like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.