1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequencing: Date of Pledge also a factor

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

The only time relevant is the time of your initial pledge, and even here the opinion is, that there will be only a cut between the pledgers until 20th May 2013 and those after (and within these the pledge levels).
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

2. Royou

Royou Avatar

That's not what I'm talking about, if they open the placement time at 5pm server time, that's 3am GMT to me!

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

The developers have not informed us yet as to how we will be notified of our lot selection time. Presumably, they'll either post an announcement on the forums or e-mail us. I would think that once you claim a lot, no on else can claim it and you would see some sort of message indicating that the lot has already been claimed. Since everyone selecting at a particular time is in the same boat (i.e., same date and dollar amount pledged), it really is first come, first served. (That's why they compared it to the Oklahoma land rush!)

I'm not sure how the developers would handle those who happen to miss their designated lot selection time due to work or other factors :(

I'm sure DarkStarr will post additional details as we get closer to that time!

4. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

You go after all those that pledged any amount before May 20 that later increased to a lot sized tier, that includes all Original Founder Lords, Knights, Edelman, Citizen Tiers, THEN somewhere in the granularity of date & price with date probably being first to place. So you are almost right, everyone that pledged before you will likely be able to place before you, also the best/worst is in the eye of the beholder so the perfect lot is waiting for you :cool:

5. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

I imagine it will be a case of "You are open to place starting at x time" rather than "You are only allowed to place within this specific time window." It would be beneficial to place immediately but I doubt there will be a deadline.

6. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

It's pure speculation right now how the lot selection will work. They haven't announced it yet. There are many options they can do for the sequencing. The only official word we have is Darkstarr's post in this thread, anything beyond that is just us guessing at how it might be.

It's possible they'll say you can start placing your house at a certain time, but it's also possible for them to give us a system where we have weeks before the game releases to choose our spots through various methods and several windows of time to make our selections so everyone gets their chance for their pledge amount/time. We just don't know.

7. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

Oh how I remember this. I played on Great Lakes and they had to postpone a full day because of the crashes, then someone clipped my plot with a castle. Just west of Covetous. The fact I remember all that tells you the impression it left. lol

Kirthag, Lord Royou and Lord Baldrith like this.
  8. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If the order is determined by Date that will mean some benefactors have priority over some gifted founders as their original date will be later than some early benefactors.

Mishri and Lord Royou like this.
  9. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Correct! I concur! We should not go by date! Because some Benefactors would be screwed for not upgrading. In fact we should go by Founder/Benefactor tiers only!

10. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I think you're misunderstanding

"The order will be determined by date and amount of pledge with Founders getting priority over Benefactors at each tier."

That means date is only relevant within founders and founders get priority over benefactors. So as a founder who pledged before april 2013 I get priority over one of the new founders gifted here in the last few weeks. Founders go first over benefactors no matter what the date.

11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

This is correct.

12. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I think you misunderstood him. He is referring to Benefactors who just missed the Kickstarter and pledged on may 22nd 2013 and getting placed below "new founders" who upgraded to founders on April 6th 2014.

wagram likes this.
  13. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Yes if I was a benefactor on 23 May 2013 and someone becomes a gifted founder after that date. I would expect to take preference in any lot placements over any late backer no matter what title/ pledge amount they have.
    Date of original pledge should always take precedence for anyone after 21st May 2013 how they allocate lots for kickstarter to 21st May 2013 backers is a different scenario.

14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Currently, according to the faq, founders take precedence over benefactors at each tier, no matter the date. The date determines who goes first at each tier amongst fellow founders (or fellow benefactors).

EDIT:

For further clarification, this chart shows an example of the current order of precedence:
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Episode_1_Housing_Selection_Order

15. Royou

Royou Avatar

I disagree, I pledged within the first few hours and have slowly built up, why should I be penalized because I don't have the money to upgrade, it should go by date, with a contributing factor of the amount pledged but it not being the main factor.

How would it be fair, if a person pledged a few months maybe even nearly a year after I did, but pledged a vastly greater amount, and then be given priority over me, that would be very unfair, but lets understand the difference here, somebody that has pledged enough to get a city lot has more chance of getting that said plot, than somebody going for a town plot, and they have more chance than the poor person trying to get a village plot, supply and demand, there will be far greater demand for the village plot than the city or town plots due to cost. But why should I miss out on a good plot because somebody has more money than me, how would that be Virtuous? a theme that LB's game have be set on!

What I'm concerned about, is that I don't live in the States and live in the UK, how much notice will we be given, and what if I can't get the time off work, and will the time difference be factored in?

Time Lord, Rachel, Abydos and 2 others like this.
  16. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I would prefer that it would be exclusively by date so a person with original Pledge of anything that later upgraded to a house tier
    March 16 Citizen
    March 16 Knight
    March 16 Lord
    March 16 Duke
    March 16 Lord of the Manor

Would all have the same window of about 6 hrs so there could be 4 Pledge days in a 24 hour placing window. If there are 2000 lots available(number derived from kickstarter totals) then an average of 50 players placing in each window, everyone would be placed in 10 days. Sounds scary competing with 50 players, Yikes but there would be the higher tiers possibly not wanting my village knight lot but still.

*Edit*
    Landrush rules, you can place at anytime but if you place too early, not in your window, you are killed, lol

Lord Royou likes this.
  17. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Time limits are really not a good idea, at least not narrow ones. People have jobs/events and other things going on.

Grace - well I don't look at it as they are missing out. Everyone has the option to become a founder now, some founders are even assisting at a discount. So, the choice is their's to make if they wish to remain a benefactor or become a founder.

18. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I will indeed take the day off and I can only imagine the thoughts passing through my brain if internet is down in all 3 places I can get it, oh my.

But we could start in beta, 3 months before release, even with a wipe, lot placement still sticks.

19. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I remember that day on Europa, i did manage to place but server immediately crashed, eventually it might have been a day later i managed to log back on and somehow i had managed to place. Was a nightmare indeed.

Lord Royou and Sir Mike Dragon like this.
  20. Sir Mike Dragon

Sir Mike Dragon Avatar

WAY too short of a window.

Which is a great idea, no reason that we should have to wait until full release (unless there's something technical that we're unaware of).

I'm sure they'll come up with a reasonable plan.

NRaas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.