1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequencing

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macsen

Macsen Avatar

Umm... No, they don´t. Founders first. Benefactor´s second. If all founders get priority over all benefactors, that mean that a $3000 dollars founder baron will get his property before a $11000 benefactor. That is wrong in so many levels i cannot even begin to describe it.

derek6665 (Baldrith) and Arradin like this.
  2. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

I believe it goes by teir.

F LotM... B LotM
    F Duke... B Duke
    F Baron... B Baron
    and so on and so forth

OSullivan likes this.
  3. Macsen

Macsen Avatar

I would be happy with that solution, however that has not been confirmed yet, and if you read the forums, there are plenty of founders that would be quite upset if the above was the case.

deryk and LoneStranger like this.
  4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I Know What Would Please Both Founders And Benefactors: A Fun, Exciting And Immersive Game!

5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Benefactors AND Founders have pledged that third million, through pledge upgrades and add-on store purchases.

However, all that money is going to the existing design, not to new stuff. Richard said in an interview back in late August that they were going to need an additional million dollars to make it to launch.

No one is saying the money is irrelevant, but you have to honor your commitments to the people who made it happen in the first place. That is the Founders. Without them, the KickStarter would not have taken off, and Portalarium would be forced to find a publishing partner or other money source. That would come with strings attached, and the vision of the game might suffer.

The question I would pose to you is this:

If Portalarium can't follow through with promises they've made to the Founders, what makes a potential new pledger think they'll continue to follow through with promises made to Benefactors? If I see that they back out on things that they said to Founders, things that they pledged money to get, why would I become a benefactor and risk the same result?

smack and vjek like this.
  6. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

As a Founder I would be upset if the above was not the way its done.

The only Tricky spot would be with Barons considering that it has sold out twice. IMO even them should be looked at as equal to the extent of all Founder Barons, and then look at how much each paid over their respective tier. I don't think Baron 1's should get penalized for paying less just because they jumped on it earlier.

7. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Yes it has that's exactly the system outlined in the FAQ currently.

8. Macsen

Macsen Avatar

I don´t think they should be penalised either. As long as they don´t get to choose their lots before a Benefactor Duke, or Lord of the Manor, I am fine with baron founders going ahead of baron benes. I am also fine with founder knights going first, as long as citizens don´t go ahead of knights.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  9. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

And this what we mean by Portalarium can't win. That's the fairest solution they could come up with, but there are still founders upset that they don't go ahead of everyone at all tiers, and there's still benefactors upset that founders who paid less then them go before them at all.
    They had an impossible choice and made the best damn decision they could.

10. Macsen

Macsen Avatar

I can´t speak for all benefactors, but I strongly believe that like me, the other benefactors that were upset, thought that a citizen founder would get priority over a knight benefactor. Not that the Knight founder paid less for the same tier. I am fine with the 50$ difference and I think it is fair. As long as my rewards are better than all rewards on the tiers below, I am happy, after all, that is the point of having different tiers. I don´t care if a founder pays $50 dollars less to be a knight. They earned it.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  11. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

I dont remember if it was a discussion somewhere or was actually put out by the Devs, but I personally hope this is how its done. As a Founder Knight, I think it would be completely unfair for someone that paid twice what I did get to pick after me... Now if they pledged some tier 50$ more, well then I can see where people would start the whole fight. But it should be limited to Tiers only, not the entirety of Founders before allll Benefactors

Shadow and deryk like this.
  12. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

I agree completely. And who knows, might drive that Citizen Founder to up to Edelmann or Knight to get better pecking order for placement.

Mishri and derek6665 (Baldrith) like this.
  13. Macsen

Macsen Avatar

Now that is debatable.... I don´t think you should be able to "reserve a spot in line" by pledging low on the kickstarter and upgrading 1 year later, Founder pledges should be exclusively before the 20th of may 2013... Upgrades should be placed on the benefactor section. But that is a completely different discussion and I am not willing to participate in it. :)

deryk likes this.
  14. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Regardless of what you think, those were the rules as stated by Portalarium. Here's the logic in doing it that way... Allowing people to pledge low gets as many people on board as possible, especially on a project where there isn't much to show. You may not remember this, but A LOT of people were turned off by the demonstration they had and there was a lot of negative word-of-mouth. People said it looked dated, among other things. Allowing people to upgrade later was a means to convince people to dip their foot in now, and become at least partially committed to the project. They would be on the mailing list, and would see the progress in the updates. Hopefully at some point they become fully invested in the idea and complete their commitment to a higher tier.

15. Macsen

Macsen Avatar

If they also stated that upgrades would keep their Founder status regardless of date, then I guess I can´t complain and I haven´t. I just said I thought it was a debatable matter.

16. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Yes, once a Founder, always a Founder. It was the way to get people to commit, at least partially, early on.

17. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

I agree with you there

Macsen likes this.
  18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Keep in mind that any money after the initial KickStarter is a combined number of Founders and Benefactors buying and upgrading their pledges. It is a community effort to help bring all of the episodes to fruition. :D

19. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Also keep in mind the there were many backers post kickstarter that are founders. The kickstarter ended the 8th of April. The chance to get in and be a founder ended 20th of may, a month and half later. There are a lot of founders who did not pledge through the kickstarter so no, benefactors have not contributed a million yet (but I hope they will soon), maybe half that.
    That's not the only dividing point either. https://shroudoftheavatar.com/forum...r-moondial-get-yours-before-theyre-gone.2583/
    Everyone who pledged before the end of July can still upgrade their pledge and be eligible for the full array of darkstarr items without having to buy them through the addon store. So in a sense theres the early founder/benefactor darkstarr backers and the later non-darkstarr backers. There will possibly be more promotions like this as time goes on to encourage people to pledge now when the money is needed rather then wait until the game is out. 15% of all game sales are preorders and 80% of those preorders are in the last 2-3 weeks before the game is released. If our backer numbers quintuple in the last weeks before launch that's great for for the company and episode 2 but it wont help the development of episode 1 any... So it's important they encourage as many of those typical late comers to get involved now.

20. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

And that number is still growing....Benefactors are still donating

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.