1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequencing

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

There are additional stretched goals beyond 2 million, what do you think the 1 million benefactors throw to the table is spent on alcohol? :)

deryk likes this.
  2. Macsen

Macsen Avatar

Honestly... You are quoting a comment amongst 60 others on an update made in April. How many potential backers finding out about the game recently will ever see that? Hardly a binding contract. On the other hand, the FAQ, something that is actually reasonable to read before pledging clearly stated backers ( not founders, backers) would get first priority. Now that has been changed and benefactors got screwed in the process. Clearly that doesn't matter though as we are the minority. Benefactors are apparently an afterthought. Regardless of how much they pay.

Arradin likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Unfortunately, all other stretch goals beyond $2M have been dropped as they were never achieved during the initial campaign. DarkStarr addressed this issue back in Oct 1 in this post.

4. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

All the stuff that are being made or planned with the extra million from pledgers.

You still get perks, its just that more people get it too.
    I feel that this is a massive case of 'special snowflake syndrome'. The levels of rewards should be equal to all people who contribute money into the game, Not just for people who got a lucky strike with a very small window of time.

5. smack

smack Avatar

As I said, it is what it is. They made promises to Founders earlier regarding this. The FAQ has never been clear on a lot of things, nor does it mention the 1000 other things they answered during the initial campaign in Kickstarter updates, Kickstarter comments, videos and website/forum posts. This is all just going to come down as a policy decision that they need to update. As you can see, they are in a bit of a bind here. Just give them time to sort this out?

6. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I hope open vendor lots are in specific areas. If they're grouped, then it's an added incentive for players to visit since they can do 'one stop shopping.' Makes you price your items more competitively, but you will probably sell more than you would in the corner, on the far side of the service buildings.

(As an aside, it would be awesome to see a map of cities with dots where transactions of different types (NPC, Player Vendor, Player to Player) happened. If it was done during the beta, it might help them figure out more logical/fair city layouts.)

Re: Guilds acquiring cities, that's the only reason I semi-agree with RG talking about creating Guild-run locations. It would hopefully keep them away from the real cities.

7. Turguin

Turguin Avatar

I can see a fair system is giving priority to people based on the exact $ amount pledged, with ties going to Founders. This should include rewards like the referral bonuses. I have no problem with people who paid more than me getting to choose their lots first, regardless of their benefactor/founder status.

Arradin likes this.
  8. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

All funding is very important, but be aware that Starr said they would only commit to the stretch goals achieved during the Kickstarter campaign (i.e., none of the stretch goals listed above the $ 2 million stretch goal will be done in Episode 1). Any additional funding will go towards game development (i.e., improving Episode 1).

Jambo and Time Lord like this.
  9. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Like what? As smack said, they may $2M during the Kickstarter, so therefore, all that money was raised by Founders. In other words, it was done before benefactors existed.

If that perk was getting a headstart on those who pledged later, then you can't give that to everyone, or the perk no longer exists.

I'm sorry you didn't know about the KickStarter. It might be time to update your RSS feeds or find a new website to visit for news.

10. smack

smack Avatar

Metrics! Man, I could spend all day doing different types of data visualization on all the telemetry they're sending back for review and analysis.

monkeysmack and LoneStranger like this.
  11. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, you're right. This is the unknown variable. Say I am in the town center. Will physically exiting the instance be the only way to return to the overland map? If not, can I just whip it out and "be on it" and then walk one pixel, walk back onto the town POI and re-enter back at the ingress point as a shortcut to the vendors on the outskirts? Similarly, recall presents problems like that too.

monkeysmack and vjek like this.
  12. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Yes, i learnt as much . but im sure you know what i mean, if not ill make it more clear:

-Should everything that they spend the 1 million on, be exclusive to the benefactors only, because we payed for it? Where are my perks over the founders?!?!?!
    It's the sames flawed logic...

13. vjek

vjek Avatar

Honestly, given all the alternatives and bad... behavior it would otherwise encourage, I'm hoping you can recall directly into civ hexes, in front of arbitrary lots. At least then people will care a little less about where their vendor goes, and will spread out into the world, and small villages will have attraction, simply due to lower latency, faster loading times, etc.
    Otherwise, we're heading down some dark paths indeed. o_O

deryk likes this.
  14. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Once again, what do you think they do with the extra million? Whatever is done, it doesnt matter to you?

And if we disregard headstart in house placements, what i mean are all the houses , items, titles etc etc that founders get, that i dont.
    They might acually be using the money i pleged to improve/redesign your(?) Houses that i wont have access to. Do you have any idea how stupid that sound?

15. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I'm not really sure what would be the best way to please both founders and benefactors. It seems that whatever solution the developers come up with is bound to leave some people in either group unhappy...

Jambo and Time Lord like this.
  16. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

This^

17. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Which $1M are you talking about? What are they spending that $1M on?

18. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Benefactors have almost pledged $1million. Why are 33% of the total pledged money irrelevant? That's how it feels.

deryk likes this.
  19. Macsen

Macsen Avatar

The solution that should please everyone is that all backers get to choose first, then add-on store, then the rest.

20. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Umm... They do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.