Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lots of lots!

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Chaox, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I went to check in on the number of claimed property lots as I occasionally do, but especially today as I've heard that lots of lots had been claimed. I found that there are lots of lots left!

(I think that having default houses placed on property lots might be making it seem as if the lot has been claimed by a player. There are two ways to tell at a glance which lots are available to claim - if there is writing on the For Sale sign out front it is available, or you hold down the 'P' key and after a moment all of the property signs that are available will have a smoke effect trailing up from them)

Here are the number of available lots I'm seeing as of the time of this post:

The Brave Coast: 7 of 49 lots are owned
    Ravensend: 31 of 39 lots are owned
    Braemar: 1 of 30 lots are owned
    Kingsport: 14 of 37 lots are owned
    Owl's Head: 35 of 75 lots are owned
    Ardoris: 3 of 188 lots are owned
    Valemark: 17 of 42 lots are owned
    Holtrot: 0 of 42 lots are owned
    Port Mirren: 0 of 84 lots are owned
    Westhollow: 0 of 39 lots are owned

I'm off to Holtrot to stake my claim!

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Gimme gold :>

3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Took me all of yesterday to farm enough gold for one..........I really hope that when the game officially launches the cost of lots are a lot more.

EDIT: In saying that, it is a huge shame that in a test phase someone has to farm for 2 days to obtain a lot and a house (especially when more have been added)...... That's not what I call productive in order to get to an element of testing.

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Lazy bugger. Go out and make it yerself, like us working stiffs. :)

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Something tells me you didn't have to grind for that deed. :)

Lots should cost 100 times more than they currently do, at launch.

6. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Go Ravensend!

Jynx, Arianna and Gaelis like this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

NorthShire has lots of lots available!!

blaquerogue likes this.
  8. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

personaly i think the lots should cost less and the houses more that way we can just go out and get 5000 to 20000 get a lot and not have to worry about being homeless did that in real life it's not fun:) then we can just grind away to buy our dream house:)

blaquerogue and Lyran like this.
  9. Jaxtron

Jaxtron Avatar

I just started with R11. I got up to level 20 or so and still only had 5k. How are you making 30k in a day? I have seen other posts commenting on this but I have no clue where to begin to get that kind of money. I had planned on playing with the housing system this time since I wasn't able to in the last release but I don't see myself making 30k for the deed any time soon. What am I missing here?

10. Lained

Lained Avatar

If the element the developers want to test is housing then no, however if they want to test the things that took you all of yesterday then that's a lot of data they've collected. Also in previous releases housing was free and lots were probably all claimed and tested extensively.

Sebastion, Jatvardur and Joviex like this.
  11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Unfortunately like with all new content that is exposed to the Alpha state, there is a chance it can break what was previously perfectly fine. In addition to this, they have introduced (for the first time) basements that can be added to your lot, this has been a complex task which is why it has had several delays.....for that reason it is worth testing, can two people go into the basement and arrive in the same instance? Can the owner leave and then move the basement entrance?

In its current state, pretty much everything has to be messed around with and tested each release. As I mentioned, I just don't really see the benefit in grinding for a couple of days flat out.

Koldar likes this.
  12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Land should always be more expensive as it is more scarce.

Sunswords likes this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Get up yo level 10 by killing basic things. Decide what your main skill is going to be....personally I go bludgeon. The place you want to grind is Vertas Pass.

Kill and loot everything......be careful of other players are there because everything seems to hit harder when there are more players in the instance (not sure if it's a bug or scaling mechanics).

blaquerogue likes this.
  14. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

actually depends on where the land is new york city or san fransico land is more expensive and the house not so much unless it's older historical you go out to the midwest and the land is pretty much free

wouldn't be a bad idea if they had that in game too lot at owls head more expensive than some hick town out in the middle of a swamp:)

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

That will happen when all lots are claimed and the player housing market begins.

16. smack

smack Avatar

Just a word of caution...that's where the R12 stress test is happening, where everyone is decorating their lots to the max item limit. I believe that test will end prior to the Steam launch on Monday though.

Gaelis and Arianna like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes but this isn't the game yet, the prices don't have to reflect what the game will be, some want to try out housing for the first time. I think they are way too expensive this release. A bit of grinding fine, but don't burn people out when they are trying to learn the combat and try out stuff, I disagree with the tactics on this, but of course I could be looking at it wrong, but just a thought.:)

18. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Nope, it's not that... 30k is a huge number for most of us to come up with... most of us don't play 24/7 and just farm... Only the overachievers do that...

Joviex and Duke Raas like this.
  19. Sledge2

Sledge2 Avatar

Pff i really dont see me coming up with so many gold before the lots are gone. Thats alot of lots in 2 days time...

blaquerogue likes this.
  20. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

I only have 1k so far, looks like 25% of the lots are already gone. I suppose we can buy a plot in the single player game if all the ones in multiplayer are taken. I spent all my time in last day trying to fine ore to mine, not make money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.