Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Love Story Line Quest: Malice

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Dhanan, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

I think it's broken or I am not understanding what to do. I've explored every inch of Malice. There is a green toxic barrier that stops me from moving forward. I've spokem to Samael and his love. Another player I was conversing with also could not continue the quest past this point.

Is this a bug, or am I just not understanding how to complete the quest?

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You need to drop the barrier. There are notes hidden throughout the dungeon that are needed to pass.

3. Dhanan

Dhanan Avatar

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
    *Continues his quest with eyes wide open*

Sir Cabirus, Acred and Fister Magee like this.
  4. AvatarFACE

Just a question, how many notes am I looking for, been scouring the dungeon for hours and only found 1972, 1973 and 1975. I'm guessing there is a 1974 I need? Any hints on where to find it. Also got bored and extinguished out all the torches but found the two on the left side of the chamber before the green magical barrier will not let me extinguish them, if that has anything to do with something.

georgegad likes this.
  5. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

Also bored looking, it has been two days and i think that is as long as it is reasonable to keep looking, continuing is only wasting time i could be doing something else and burning armor and exp i would rather keep.

I assume at some point all the main quests will be finalised and a walkthrough available online somewhere and will attempt it again then.

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

@AvatarFACE @georgegad
    Those aren't the notes you are looking for... ;) I don't want to spoil more, pm if you wish :)

Sir Cabirus and Spoon like this.
  7. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

Thank you Mr Magee, it does seem silly to make you type the answer out in PMs to everyone who comes across this thread, it isnt your burden. I will look for it online in a few months and try again then. At least I know now what you told us, so thank you for taking the stress out of that.

Fister Magee likes this.
  8. AvatarFACE

I managed to get through, not a very intuitive part of the quest. there is nothing to suggest or hint that is what needed to be done to get the barrier down, maybe the barrier could have a more relevant description than "magical toxic barrier" (not sure if exactly correct but it was something like that).
    Maybe something like "vengeful spirit energy" or "tortured souls block your path"

Good luck Georgegad.

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Especially trickier with the recent change of being unable to loot a 'container' unless your weapons are sheathed! ;) That should help even more.

10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

This quest definitely needs some work and is rather tedious, but it can be completed. You need to search EVERYWHERE for the notes, they are very well hidden. If anyone wants to know their exact locations just PM me and I will walk you through it.

11. codedragon76

codedragon76 Avatar

Wow, even with a lot of research I barely made it to Malice, but with the recent upgrade of difficulty, there is no way I can progress anymore

CatherineRose likes this.
  12. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

If it's anything like Etceter, the notes/objects may be located on skeletons/corpses or other not-actually-bodies containers that can only be looted/show an interact icon when you are out of combat/in adventure mode.

discipleofweb likes this.
  13. Contessa

Contessa Avatar

Has anyone found the note labeled 1974? Also, the skeletons do not have anything on them. :(

14. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

There is a walkthrough video that shows where the notes and gems are. There are four notes and three gems.

15. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Going from memory, here are where the notes are-
    1. At the entrance right before the spiders, there is a note hanging in the upper left corner.
    2. There is a note at the bottom of the stairs in between the crates after talking to Samael.
    3. There is a note and a gem right in front of the barrier.
    4. Going left from the barrier, the last note is in between some crates in a side room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.