Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Love the new VFX, but...

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Tested out Air's Embrace yesterday, toned down persistent effect is the way to go, looks great, and not too distracting.

2. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

When casting tone the buff vfx up and then dooown to barely visible. When buff is running out of time tone up again with stutter animation fading out. Please also consider shield of crystal toning down. Personally I like these kind of vfx to be very subtle and not dominate my toon/screen.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I just went on my first outing in R49 and the buff visuals were not only distracting, but at night they were blinding. I couldn't see anything at all with the Enlightenment lights around my head. Good thing I was only in a 3-skull zone, otherwise I would have been killed immediately by invisible (to me) enemies.
    [​IMG]

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

rofl :D

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

While it was mentioned as part of the people who suffer epilepsy from flashing lights, could it be made possible to tone down/turn off the spell particles, Id think some form of transparency setting would work. It can get a but much when buffed up and in a fight with a few mobs and a full party.. you just mash and hope

Ahuaeynjgkxs and FrostII like this.
  8. Zigmalion

Zigmalion Avatar

I have both a Mac and a Windows PC, and the Mac version is still doing the screen flashing for several seconds upon startup, too, that seem like they could trigger an epileptic seizure. Beyond that I like having the buffs and effects shown but they did need to be toned down from their original state.

I am loving the frame rate improvements -- on the PC side, I am finally getting 60 FPS at 1080p in the Fantastic setting in the "countryside" -- though a LOT of work still needs to be done in towns and busier areas. I have a months-old PC build with an overclocked Kaby Lake i7, 32 GB of RAM and GTX 1080 graphics. It shouldn't be getting 20-25 FPS in the cities even at the highest settings. (That's better than the ~12-15 fps I was getting before R49, though.)

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

WHEN DID YOU TAKE PICTURES OF MY HOUSE!!!!???? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.