Low-hanging fruit

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by redfish, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

A few more I've been thinking about recently.

WOODEN SHELTERS

There are several wooden shelters already in the game that could be used very nicely by players for outdoor decoration, and to complement their houses. For the latter, for instance, say someone wants to make a blacksmith's house with some smithing tables outside. In the real world, you might see some open thatched roof covering the crafting area. The only option we have to do this is the awnings, which don't fit the purpose.

Small rough wooden shelter.
    [​IMG]
    This is currently found in Owl's Head near the inner gate to cover a bench.

Large rough wooden shelter.
    [​IMG]
    This is in North Naryad Pinelands, and is quite a bit larger, and would be suitable for whole different purposes.

Thatched shelter.
    [​IMG]
    Also found in North Naryad Pinelands, this would be a great addition to the outside of a larger house to provide a sheltered area for crafting tables.

These are mockups I made to modify it for smaller houses. The original would be a long, these would be medium and short...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

As an example of how larger shelters could be used, see these depictions of blacksmith houses,
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

MORE ASSORTED ITEMS

Congregation benches.
    [​IMG]
    These are found in the church building in Central Brittany.

Brittany Wharfs tree.
    [​IMG]
    This is in Brittany Wharfs. Give it to us! Create a whole set. Four-story to one-story.

Waterwheel.
    [​IMG]

A source of energy just like wind and hydrothermal, in North Naryad Pinelands. Could be turned into part of a design for a river home, too,
    [​IMG]

3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Right now blacksmiths are practically the only crafters people care about. Put recipes in game for more items like these, and people will want carpenters.

redfish likes this.
  4. Magos

Magos Avatar

Anyone mentioned Mannequins ? Would love to display some of these outfits from the add on store.

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Thinking about the thatched ones; they should probably be also designed for the other orientation, so they can look like they do in the illustrations of blacksmith houses. So they're wide rather than long.

6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

People have been requesting them since the add the Grand Tour quest hats. People want ways to display vanity items.

The devs have spoken for ages how they'd love for you to retire your favorite questing sword and hang it over your mantle. But equipment items are not currently designed to operate as decorations. At some point this is supposed to change. I just don't know when.

7. moko

moko Avatar

I love this small table found in Tenebris Harbor:
    [​IMG]
    Area: Tenebris Harbor (Novia_R6_Forest02_01) Loc: (9.7, 27.6, 37.4)

It would be nice to know if it is planned for somewhere in the future to make all furniture seen in game craftable? If so I won't have to make any more requests regarding stuff like this :D

Also: Bath room items! (wash basin, bathtub, towel rack, mirrors...)

P.S.: I overlooked the thread in my search for a request of "NPC item" threads because the title did not catch my attention and did not show up in my search, maybe a more meaningful title would help people gather here?

8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

WOW....all those ideas are great. Especially the end tables. What would be nice is just some small table to set next to a chair...big enough to hold a candle and book. Also a bathing tub....half barrel with water so you can have at least the feel of a tub. LOL. I have noticed them in some of the inns behind a curtain or dividing wall. But yeah would love to have one of these. Would make my house look alot nicer. Currently have a 4 story row with alcove and I am living on the ground floor. Hubby is on the top floor so now i gotta figure something to decorate the other two. I thought about putting a bathing room on the second floor. LOL. But yeah would be nice to be able to craft or buy some different stuff. But you have some great ideas up there though. Love them.

9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i know the room off the first floor is big enough (barely) to put one of those older hot tubs in it.. thats what i've been using as a tub for a while now, but would love one much smaller for 2-3 people max.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Yeah well i have no way to get a hottub. So the smaller half barrel tub with water in it would be good for me.. So many ideas running through my head . LOL

11. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

I was just about to post something about this. I would love to able to craft some of the taller bookshelves (the one with the back on it) that I've seen in various NPC buildings, the tables I've seen in a number of NPC taverns and inns, and especially a cabinet with "hutch" shelves at the top... perhaps make the recipe "dresser x 1 + bookshelf x 1 + iron binding x 1" or something. Also would love to see end tables... closes thing we have is a Sturdy Stool, but it's a bit short. A craftable coffee table would be nice, too.

12. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

With some very basic (almost non-existent) textures and not exact dimensions:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.