1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Lower Public Vendor Sales Tax % & Universal Vendor w/pricing

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Time Lord, Jul 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Lower Public Vendor Sales Tax %

Currently our Public Vendors, game wide, are completely empty with only an extremely small few them (1 or 2 or maybe 3) having 1 -4 items listed in them.

Owl's Head Public Vendor is the most utilized, having 6-8 items listed which have been being refilled in their stocks.

We need to cut the sales tax percentage in half and possibly even more (yet not eliminate the % tax) until our Public Venders do become more used.

OR,

• We need to totally eliminate them from our game until they do become called for.
    OR,
    • We need to link them as one universal thing, so all our public vendors list everything anyone has placed for public sale using them. Such a universal vendor's stocked items then should continue their current % tax rate.
    • Further is able: Our public Vendors should list all items offered on them from everywhere, yet only locate which NPC Town the vendor is offering that product, causing the player wishing to buy it to have to travel to that NPC town to purchase it. In this way we do not upset any of our POT crafting/vendor town's normal business practices or continued player development.
    Universal Vendor Check With Pricing should only be available through our Public Vendor network, with a percentage of these sales providing a gold sump for their service.

~Time Lord~

Tahru, Lilith Ayin and Elgarion like this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I think what is keeping people from using public vendors is more than just the tax, which I agree is higher than it needs to be, is that if an item does not sell after a week (or two? been a long time since I used one) and you forget to come back and retrieve the item then the item is automatic sold at (or below?) the item's 'value', which as we all know is extremely low for many items to keep people from just selling everything to NPCs. Any item not sold needs to be returned to the players banks for public vendors to be useful.

Wilfred, FrostII, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Any item not sold needs to be returned to the players banks!
    Effort = Reward, the effort to begin using them again.
    Not being cheated by NPC vendor would be a plus!

Good thinking! I totally agree! :)~TL~
    [​IMG]

Elgarion and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The items getting destroyed when listed on them makes them completely useless. And that tax price is just too costly.

I do actually like the idea of them getting a global listing on public vendors.

5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

They don't get destroyed. They go in to the Loot Table.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Only crafted items, and that doesn't make it OK.

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Hey let's get some eyes :D and some feedback on this subject!

I love this type of content attracting more thoughts into subjects in the news!
    25:40 minutes into the show.
    @Lazarus Long @Jack SinAssist
    Thanks Laz & Jack! :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    Lazarus Long likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Modify and Limit the Numbers of Our Public Vendors...
    • Maybe there should be a more limited quantity of public vendor locations to the more traveled NPC towns instead of having public vendors at all of them. Possibly in those towns which feature our game's new "Storehouse Containers".
    • I'd like to see this in addition, offering Public Vendors for sale through our coto store, for placement in POTs (which is where more preferably, our new players should be seeking their residence in). Supporting your local POT's public vender would have more appeal for player residence to shop there.

I'm going to disagree with one good comment @Lazarus Long expounded on, and that is that our public vendors be eliminated, to which I saw something new in our game that I really liked the looks of...

Our New Ep2 Scene, Tanglemire! :)
    I really like the looks of this place, and whenever I get free from my other Time-Lordy things, "I'm just itching to post something for sale on Tanglemire's Public Vendor!' :D

I think the idea of placing public vendors in hunting scenes is an awesome idea! (as well as placing NPC settlements/refugee camps/ and all sorts of huddled masses in them).

• I'll go a bit further and say that these hunting scene vendors should only allow players to post items on then that come from the hunting scenes those vendor's occupy.
    • I think this would be a great additive for players to be able to immediately place up for sale those things they have become overloaded with while hunting there. I think this should be limited by only allowing one item/or stackable item per player.
    • The Buyer could then have a drop down menu of which commodity from that area they are interested in buying from the vendor.
    • Items listed for sale on the hunting scene vendor should expire after 7 days and "removed from the game" with no compensation or return given to the listing player.
    • It could be possible that those items listed for sale after 7 days pass, to have reward through the same gaming mechanics used to reward players through our new "Storehouse Container's Style" (in the same spirit of those new container's design. I think our development team could think of some good or consolation prize style reward for the player's listed item going "poof" after 7 days in these hunting scene's vendors)...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=129094

• Our Public Vendors were initially intended to encourage crafting for all players. They have recently become useless, since most players will not even look at what they may be selling, because 95% of them are not selling anything. Only our very largest few cities should still have them, with special placement as to be "quickly entered to" those public vendor's location just as our npc town criers have. Most npc town criers have the public vendor near by, yet if POTs are allowed to buy public vendors for their POTs, then that quick travel entry which POT town criers have, should also be applied to the POT public vendor.
    I believe the above suggestions should enhance and complement our new "Storehouse Container Style Questing System" (in their same spirit of design) and better serve our marketing gaming experience.

[​IMG]
    Anyone else that has any comment they think could be helpful :)?'
    Pro or Con, Write or Wrong, or even Totally Different?

Wahtcha' Tink o_O?'
    @Jack SinAssist
    @Lazarus Long

~Time Lord~:D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.