Lower Tier In-Game Item Add-Ons

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by WARDUKE, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WARDUKE

WARDUKE Avatar

Taking a look at the Star Citizen Kickstarter and RSI pledge drive, there are a number of ships, and in-game upgrades that you were able to pledge for or add on to your pledge.

Right now, the lowest pledge to get an in-game item (house deed) seems to be $500 for Shroud of the Avatar.

I would like to see some lower-tier in-game add ons, and I think if you opened some of these up, you would probably bring in a lot more money to the KS campaign.

Royce_Templer likes this.
  2. Machuell

Machuell Avatar

I agree to a point. There is the title that you get for donating $60 or more. I'm not sure if you want to put actual gear as a reward, as gear is swapped out for better stats or cosmetics. The title is something that does nothing to aid the player, but still gives you that "elite club" feel.

Honestly, the physical things that come with the Ultima Games are what I think are the coolest. I still have my U7 map, in fact. I think the backers would like these more than digital rewards.

3. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I agree about the desire for physical trinkets, as that is such a part of the Ultima history and culture. I have my ankh's, pendants, medallions, etc... That was certainly a draw for me to kickstart.
    Digital items are of little interest to me.

4. WARDUKE

WARDUKE Avatar

There are already physical items available at the tier levels in the Kickstarter.
    Coin, translation book, cloth map. This thread is not about that, but now that you have mentioned it, it would be nice to have both physical and digital add-ons that could be attached to your pledge that didn't start at hundreds of dollars like the digital village house.

5. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

$10 Guilt Pledge - Bread Crumbs
    Use these to feed any ducks you might come upon in your travels.

$30 Second Responder - Resurrection Stone
    This sacred stone allows you to resurrect yourself once every X amount of gameplay time.

$40 Adventurer - Summonable Horse
    You whistle loudly and your horse appears that you can use for X amount of gameplay time.

$100 Virtual Collector - Cloak of the Avatar
    A cloak that is dyed an unobtainable hue that signifies your Virtual Prowess.

-----------------

Is this what you meant WARDUKE?

6. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

$150 Collector - Lord British's Serpent Medallion (physical item that comes with other Collector level 'swag')
    This is a replica of the Silver Serpent medallion worn by Lord British throughout his reign in various realities. You only wish you could look as good as he does with it on.

^--- I want THIS one!! lol

Lord Vulbrig likes this.
  7. WARDUKE

WARDUKE Avatar

Exactly. That kind of stuff RelExpo. :)

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.