Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Macroing

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Ya...or "darkfall" online that virtually had me walk over the digital continent while leaving a trail of blood and entrails. Cant sleep at night? Go find some AFKers...after that you can sleep like an angel ;)

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

As for folks botting to kill stuff while afk, it looks like things dont respawn in dungeons when im alone.

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I just cannot understand the logic anymore. You earn experience doing what we all want, fighting an opponent. Now if they had a slider option that you could use in your basement to allocate that experience wherever you wanted, I bet there would not be a lot of complaining. But if in that same basement said person kicked a gustball for the same result, suddenly the game is ruined and everyone is offended. This is because some other person kicks a gustball in town where he can be seen. I get it and hate to see that too. But for gosh sakes this solution (increasing the difficulty to train by 400 %) is just terrible. And all along, the gustballer cares not a whit.

Haz and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

1000% :p agree

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

If by 'ahead' you mean, more efficiently, you are simply wrong, and have been so from the beginning.. there is no advantage to gusting except in controlling better where the xp goes.. And I'm still gusting fine. Not sure why you'd think otherwise. :) Good day sir!

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

By "ahead" i mean gaining more experience than you would use on skills via fighting them, then burning off the rest automatically while not playing the game.

Didnt say you couldnt gust either, i said you cant ge tahead by doing so.

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im not sure what you're referring to.

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Well, that whole statement is wrong about how it operates.. have you gustballed, or macroed?

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

There is no gaining extra xp for macroing the gustball. There never was. This is a misconception that sprung from misunderstanding about how the system works.

Let's just enjoy the accelerated xp drain now :)

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I know theres no experience fromgustballs.

You could gain more experience from fighting monsters than it would take to apply to the skills you use to kill them, and excess accumulation occured often, and that excess wasused by macroing on gustballs while afk.

You cant do that anymore asof yesterday because You apply more experience by attacking something than you accumulate from killing it.

Fister Magee likes this.
  11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Unless you turn off all skills and innates, like a lot of us do... and then...? :) xp to spend as I wish. when I wish. as inefficently and privately as I wish :D 4x fast now = slightly more efficient :D

12. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It is actually because of this that regular training may suffer.. but I'm not sure on that yet. Spending more than you gain and a low pool actually makes training extremely slow. right? What I'm doing is getting a large pool, so that leveling up things is actually faster, because of the larger pool and the way the system uses %'s from the pool for paying skills xp. got it?

13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Remember, at 0 pool, no leveling happens ever. if your pool has 1000000 in it, your skills will take a larger chunk than if the pool had 1000.

14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

The real fix is to prevent us from turning off any skills btw. But that idea is hugely unpopular I'm sure. Oh, and remove the gustball xp drain :p

GreyMouser2 likes this.
  15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yea but if you killed enough monsters to get 1 mil, and you leave yourskills unlocked, then that 1 mil has already beenapplied to yourskills by the time you're done collecting it

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Turning off skills, collecting pooled xp, then stopping to train on a gustball is not as effective as just leaving them on

17. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Keep in mind, we get the 4x multiplier currently AND them Mobs give roughly double the xp they will later on down the road.. the 4x increase to skill gain was meant to be done as well, it was just overlooked. Now you receive 4x and spend 4x. This will all be tweaked and fiddled with from now until launch. There was the imbalance before of the excess exp gained. Now if you don't know how the system works, you will still fail. The extra XP was your safety net. It is our job to educate the new players on how skilling up works, not to argue about how it works. Not one of you can change it, you can just learn it and pass on your knowledge.

Fister Magee and EMPstrike like this.
  18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I know this.. so why try to stop me? :)

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Right

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I didnt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.