Mage Spells

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by killdonkey, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killdonkey

killdonkey Avatar

I think if u are a mage you should be able to pre cast skills like in uo and get away from the- instant- cast- a- spell- once- u- click- it- on -the- hotbar- and- move- it- gets- disrupted- style of combat
    So for example once you cast a spell which takes a couple of seconds (however long depending on the amount of mana or resources it takes you)it gets up on ur cursor and it's ready to be casted instantly and u can move freely,but if you have it up for too long it will go away.
    Not all of the spells but some of the spells should be like this, so it becomes more tactical when u cast the spell ,and requires more skill to be able to deal damage

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the forums, @killdonkey!

killdonkey and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

It's all in the SotA cards killdonkey ;)
    And Welcome to SotA !
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

4. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Although, to be fair, what if one of the combat skill tiles allowed one to do this? The skills load for several seconds before combat, there's always noble skills, and of course, you may want to hang a spell DURING combat, and may even have time.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. killdonkey

killdonkey Avatar

Thank you guys for welcoming me.
    I play a UO private server pre-aos and really hope some of the features get put into this game, but I will accept if they aren't and just enjoy what the game has to offer :]

6. Eldyth

Eldyth Avatar

A MMO called Allods, had this cool pre-cast feature, which i really enjoyed as a caster. Some spells were able to be pre-cast before going into battle. So you could cast that fireball, then go into battle and "insta" cast it. Another thing i'd like to see when it comes to magic in combat is to overcharge spells of some sort, like spending extra time and mana, to make it stronger, add an aoe component etc, and if it get's interupted while it's beeing overcharged maybe a backslash with the spell going if in your face, or just fizzling all-together.

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  7. stile

stile Avatar

We bid ye welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.