Mage use too much medicine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NEILMHK, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NEILMHK

NEILMHK Avatar

Fire Mage is a very lonely profession, and the effectiveness of the team will affect each other. After a series of NERF, (although other professions in BUFF are more practical than NERF), the Mage and other professions should have reached a relative balance. But why should they increase their use of medicinal materials substantially?

Many people think that it is unfair that the mage does not consume. Their equipment will also be damaged. Compared with the melee combat character with amazing explosive power, the fire mage needs a longer time to complete the battle. Fleeing like a mouse, especially when enemies are now rushing like Ferrari, and often do not move the archer and mage according to our predetermined route.

If we stand still, there will only be more tragic consequences The low loss refers to that the mage must be good at escape. No matter how powerful the close attack is, the cost is 0, and whether the fire ring hits the enemy or not, it is now about 30igg. This is a terrible difference. The fire ring, fire ball, fire shield, every action is now a lot Money (monsters never need to consume medicinal materials), but when the melee attack damage exceeds 2000 or more, the cost is 0?

The fire mage's current attack still has a limited number of people. Not all damage will be caused by hitting. I must remind them that they have experienced a major NERF, so why should it be worse? When the warrior's equipment is worn out, they only need to put the repair ticket on their body to continue the battle, but in addition to this, the mage also depends on whether the muzzle has enough money.

Why don't avatar only arrange warriors as occupations?( Although everyone is now a singer) Hope the designer considers dealing with this problem.The use of medicinal materials by the mage is characteristic of sota and uo. I do n’t want to cancel, I just want to go back to a reasonable level.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Girlsname, necronut and Titania Xylia like this.
  2. NEILMHK

NEILMHK Avatar

It is easy to see a group of swordsmen in the team, it is also easy to see a group of archers, and even see the gangs of verse classes fight, but the Fire Mage rarely appears in large numbers in the team, right?

Girlsname and Titania Xylia like this.
  3. necronut

necronut Avatar

They clash in larger numbers. ROF doesn't work well when overlapped so another fire mage would be limited in what they can do usefully. Reduced to fire arrow, flame fist, and fireball while the mage with the highest attunement drops ROF. Works better to fall back into a support role with another school when there's a fire mage in party.

[​IMG]

4. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

No one ever talks about the Chaotic Fire Mage...

[​IMG]

5. necronut

necronut Avatar

6. NEILMHK

NEILMHK Avatar

It is overcorrect to ask the mage to pull out the medicine from a truck before it can be cast normally.

[​IMG]

Titania Xylia likes this.
  7. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

As a Fire Mage and Focus build. I have not problems. I did start incorporating the Bard Skills which is very fun and less cost until they tweak *cough* nerf bad skills.

When the fully setup the Bard Skill tree, I'll be a Fire/Bard build.

8. NEILMHK

NEILMHK Avatar

I agree that the previous Fire Master needs to be changed, but now it is OVERCORRECT. Today, if each team battle takes 45 minutes, just using the fire spell, there is a chance to need up to 2000igg, that amazing consumption.

This is not normal. If the balance is to pursue fairness and why physical attacks do not have such a wonderful design? Singing poetry must now have BUGs, but the skill description only consumes FOCUS, which is simply cursing the Fire Mage.

9. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Very strange comparison. Fire mage is still extremely powerful in PvE. Try to offer any melee guy to solo complete Lostvale trolls or despair/tartarus, or Rise lich room or x6 totem dung and etc any encounter which a bit harder then slacking CP in party of 12.
    Yes melee and archery seems to kill boss faster now, but if its not SOLO boss, or you need to cleanup room(like Rise) and Fire is still the king of the hill in such encounters
    P.S. Double Vexlyn a still cheaper then XEN, and cant be broken.
    P.S.S Playing as a firemage I don't see ANY problem with this class, probably should be nerfed even a bit harder.

Violet Ronso and Drilikath like this.
  10. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

I left the game over the fire nerfs, and I'm only back to help a friend out. Double XP ceertainly eased the pain of the nerf. We'll both be leaving if there's another nerf to fire. Fix the other trees, make this game fun... it's just a grind now and boring.

necronut likes this.
  11. NEILMHK

NEILMHK Avatar

The endless nerf was originally boring. The so-called balance should be that everyone has similar strength at the same cost, instead of ignoring expenditure at all, and only blindly increasing the burden on one of them, which is even more strange in any case.

The question now is why there is a huge increase in costs after a large-scale nerf, completely ignoring the fact that fighters have no attack costs.

And we have to understand that even though the Fire Mage does many things, there are many things he can’t do. For example, he won’t be a good tank or an excellent healer, and he won’t let the opponent fall to the ground. It's impossible to do damage to enemies with unlimited fire resistance, and worry about being hit by a lot of Ferraris, right? It is a diversified effect that each character exerts strength in different scenarios, but this does not mean that any one should bear unreasonable costs.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  12. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Honestly,...if fire is so bad..then choose something else. Fire mage is still the MOST POWERFUL skill tree that allows fire mages everywhere to solo where few others can. We want to point to the bard now since the fire mage isn't at the top of the mountain for money cost versus damage. I play something MUCH weaker, because i'm not concerned about soloing Ruined Keep for artifacts/bundles or the Tartarus poison room for corpse wax or gold. I play what I enjoy playing without thought about whether it is part of the power meta. All the fire mage whiners can continue to sing their song, but you will be ignored until FIRE isn't the best magic tree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.