Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Magery Spells Completely Broken Not Working Do Not Waste Your Time Leveling Magery Skills

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Stealthy, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

I am level 50adv and magery is just laughable. I cannot kill anything without the use of my hammer which is already grandmaster 115 skill. I often crit in the 60's with my hammer, however my lightning or chain lightning spells hit for around 10 damage. I find it very difficult to level the spells up in any sort of reasonable time frame either and expect it would take a very long time to get them near 80 skill through combat.

Definitely broken and I expect the DEV team will fix soon enough.

Quenton and Gurney2 like this.
  2. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Would be nice if you could select a skill to deteriorate and slowly go down and allowing you to gain back some of the points but not all as a deterrent ...

Doom Angel likes this.
  3. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Yes, I set all three stats to train o_O I am wearing leather armor. Apparently, whatever I am doing (which seems to be being attacked by packs of wolves constantly?!) is building my STR stat up very quickly (i.e., can carry roughly 200 lbs now) :eek: Advancing even faster than my INT or DEX for some reason...which seems odd, since I was casting spells most of the time until my arrows started causing more damage :confused:

docdoom77 and Chatele like this.
  4. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Turn off training in the default skills they start you with. Turn off training for everything except Focus-related, Int, and your main offensive spell from T2. You will level Focus and Int really fast and efficiently and don't have to worry about the exp spreading too thin to other skill pools that aren't primary for magic casting, i.e. Str, Dex, etc. High focus early on is crucial now. I would jack it up as much as possible then start gradually turning other things back on. I'm all melee so I really can't speak for how broken magic is right now, but I was surprised at how many people still had the "trash skills" on that they didn't need to train and couldn't figure out why their exp pool drained so quickly. Again, I haven't tried pure mage this release, but maybe this will help someone out there at least having focus issues.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  5. Zesty

Zesty Avatar

I suppose that is why we are frustrated now. We impulsively took a route that bolstered some additional innate's that we didn't care for due to not understanding the implications therein.

Your rationale is sound, and knowing what I do not, I perhaps would have taken that route with more care, but now I'm stuck with my "jack of all trades" build and can not level effectively to gain more points, therefore becoming useful.

6. Stealthy

Stealthy Avatar

Well the solution is to just apply damage to magic spells. They had damage on them in R20 but they do not have damage on them now

Gurney2 likes this.
  7. agra

agra Avatar

Certain skillup checks are done on every enemy attack, it seems, hence STR raising so quickly due to the packs of wolves. At least, that's my impression.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  8. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

This is why dmg algorithms should be published each release

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Hmm...must be the case o_O I've noticed that my earth skill tree innates are also going up quickly whenever I am attacked :rolleyes:

10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

You train intel as an archer?

11. Gabriel Nightshadow

Archer/mage hybrid build ;) Really helps with healing spells and fiery decay combo (fire arrow+death ray) :D All other offensive spells pretty much worthless right now :(- so just keep building up those archery skills :rolleyes:

Gurney2 likes this.
  12. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Ty Gabriel. BTW is dex worth training for archery? I am training dex, str cause I have no clue what works and what doesn't ...

13. Gabriel Nightshadow

Well, it is supposed to improve your chance to hit and your damage avoidance, but I don't seem to notice much (if any difference) o_O It does seem to help somewhat with light armor skills, like Dodge and Acrobatics ;) The Dex stat seems to advance the most slowly of the three - despite all the running, dodging, and acrobatics I have to do when faced with a large mob of angry elves :eek:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  14. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

For early levels you run out of focus pretty fast. I found out that they have increased the amount of focus you recieve from focus potions. They give you between 30-50 focus per potion now, perhaps this might help you out slightly. Also, some archery skills need special arrows. Bola arrows for example. While you can use all the skills without them, you will do so at a higher focus cost per skill.

Does Dex increase crit chance? No, certainly not, mine is a 55 with gear now, but i hardly do more crits then before. It does increase your attack skill though, which increases your chance to hit something. This way you waste less focus when your skill misses the target and you have to cast more of them. Dex + ranged innate to increase your chance to hit works and is totally worth it!

Chatele and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  15. Gabriel Nightshadow

Well, I trust Athanil's word on this, since he has had a lot more play time with the archer build in this release ;) Guess I will switch back to the specialized arrows though, since I have noticed the big difference in focus drain when compared to using normal arrows :eek:

16. Stealthy

Stealthy Avatar

Hey bud lol just so you know that when you use aim shot you do not need arrows in your bag. You only need them for auto attack. I am not sure if this is a bug or intended but every time you shoot an arrow you are shooting 2 gold pieces out of your pocket!!!!

17. Gabriel Nightshadow

Yeah, I know, but the focus cost is much greater when you use either normal arrows or no arrows ;)

18. Lord Gorynych

Lord Gorynych Avatar

Death Ray now requires consumable ingredients. Does fiery decay also consumes them ?

19. Gabriel Nightshadow

Yes.

20. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I just want to add that I am a mage by trade and career and in this release combat is killing me. Thanks for listening

Fister Magee and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.