Magic Damage/Wands and Staves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Memnation, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memnation

Memnation Avatar

Who thinks we need a buff to offensive magic dmg amount? Personally I do. I think the fact that staves and wand dmg is garbage and spell cost reagent wise is high also the fact that cloth armor dmg res is low justifies the fact for a spell dmg increase even if only for reagent based spells. Tbh a amount increase across all reagent costing spells would be justified considering what a pure mage class has to sacrifice to be such class ie dmg resistance dmg avoidance low dmg weapons high focus cost reagent use.

2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Yes! Staves and wands should help magic damage and focus costs...Along with staves being a fairly reliable way to push back and knock down enemies (I can dream right?)

3. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

yall are really going to hate life when you armor get's nerphed or if were lucky it stays the same and the rest get a boost. its sad that a complete crafted set of cloth is still better than a complete set of crafted leather armor.... at some point that will be fixed. which way do they go. nerph crafted cloth or raise the rest of the armor slightly

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  4. Memnation

Memnation Avatar

The fact that saves have a focus cost and do such garbage damage is Ridiculous. Also we really need a tree for wands and staves. I know this game is pre alpha and all and they have to balance yet but at the moment the game is almost completely geared to heavy armor and 2h weapons. I will gladly have low dmg res/avoid plus low dmg weapons if my spells have good dmg.

Epona and Lord Baldrith like this.
  5. Memnation

Memnation Avatar

I dont think we need to buff the only viable option of heavy armor and my full set of crafted leather is better than my full set of crafted cloth. Do you craft? And those are just basic sets.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

i would have to pull the thread up in a crafting one a few weeks ago just prior to the last release. showed the best crafted cloth and best crafted leather and the cloth had more resists than the leather and all was crafted elite

edit: yes i craft... well crafted at this release i handed crafting to my son but yes i was very instrumental in crafting my own gear

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  7. Memnation

Memnation Avatar

What mods did the different armors have leather has both better resist and avoidance thats before you even select the material your going to use it all comes down to the mats

8. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

9. Memnation

Memnation Avatar

His numbers are wrong check the wiki. So your argument remains invalid.

10. Memnation

Memnation Avatar

Or at the time of his posting the stats numbers were wrong in game. Either way I have nothing to fear nor hate for my cloth armour isnt going get anymore nerfed.

11. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

roflmao doesn't matter to me i don't wear cloth or leather. i do know that my leather supplies sales suck and most of the people i hang out with that are mages all use cloth and so so few of my friends that should be in leather for what they avatar is still wear ummm guess what cloth cause they say it gives them better stats... so if wiki says something different then it says something different. Possible they have changed it one way or another since he wrote that post up cause he was using in game results not wiki for his information.

12. Memnation

Memnation Avatar

But the point being that I do not have anything to hate as i expect my cloth to have the worst stats in game.
    Anyway this thread has become fear the cloth nerf thead now rather than improve magic amount thread. Great hijack. My fault though for entertaining your fearmongering.

13. Majestic

Majestic Avatar

I have to agree with the OP. Running around with magic users I can say that their spells a way under powered and using a wand/staff is no where on par with standard weapons. As eluded to in the original post, magic should be given a buff and perhaps especially for the spells that use reagents. That way the downside is the inability to use heavy armor and the requires on resources to balance out using quite powerful spells.

Roper Docholiday, Epona and leilakin like this.
  14. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Chris said during hangout he knows that magic is underpowered, and he's reviewing all telemetry data for a first balance pass on all skills.

R21 was to get the UBS system out, without much regard for balance.

Be patient.

Forest Dweller likes this.
  15. leilakin

leilakin Avatar

I play a mage and am frustrated to play with new adventurers who come into the game all shiny and new, join me for some combat with the premade/default build and some donated plate and weapons, and do more damage to mobs than I do.

That's a balance issue with the Magic Adventure skill trees, and the devs have stated (in the last dev hangout, for instance) that these skills are getting a buff.

Why a level 40 fireball does less damage than a level 10 blade hit is confusing and frustrating to me, and is certainly within the realm of "buggy" and not balanced.

Roper Docholiday and Epona like this.
  16. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

Memnation likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.