Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Magic interrupt is overdone, and not applied to NPCs

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Widsith [MGT], Nov 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

The interrupt rate on casts seems ridiculously high, compared to what's applicable to melee combat. Worse is that it's not applied to NPCs. I got pinned down for literally minutes by two fauns, just because their spells always hit and interrupt frequently, while mine cause no interrupt to them at all.

This needs rebalancing before release. The interrupt formula needs to be nerfed somewhat and it needs to apply to NPC casters. It's a design flaw that we need to build decks and fight differently against NPCs and in PVP situations. Make the AI as crafty as you want, but there ought to be one set of combat rules for every character you encounter.

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Apparently there might be a bug with your auto attack interrupt your spell casting. Try to disable auto attack and see if you're still getting crazy interrupt or not.

3. moko

moko Avatar

Being able to interrupt enemy caster would be bliss. (And logical, and immersive, and and and...!)

4. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Which weapon did you use? I'm using two wands and have not experienced any interruptions except when I moved myself by accident while casting some spells (last test was this morning, perhaps QA 417?).

6. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Bludgeon. I'm primarily a tank with some fist and arrows on the side, along with the usual buffs. And I was not attempting to move at the same time (remember, I was fighting fauns).

7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Were you going against 2 fauns? Are you attacks interrupting the fauns' spells?

8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

I don't think the interrupt applies to NPC mobs yet; or does it?

9. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Yes, and no. To give an idea of the issue, it started out 2 satyr fighters and 2 fauns. When the fighters engaged close, I took them down pretty quick, in spite of the faun's confusions, roots and heals. The usual knock 'em down and beat 'em up - I love bludgeons. At that point it was 2 fauns at a distance, that never got interrupted by my distance spells. I eventually took them both down with ice and obsidian arrows, but it took minutes to do that, as opposed to seconds with the fighters, and that is showing some real imbalance in the treatment of melee and casting IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.