Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Magic Mover Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 39 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Just did some testing on this new feature on QA Build 462. Here is my feedback:

- Found the new UI window on the "Window" icon at the top of the screen. Noticed it does not yet have a hotkey assigned to it (neither by default nor any option to assign one yourself). I'm sure that's being worked on, but adding a hotkey for this window will be a big help.

- I tested this on a basement of a tax-free village lot in a POT. I had a "Row Stone & Timber 2-Story Basement" in use when I tested. Just noting that for reference in case it matters.

- When first moving the basement deed to an empty slot on the left, I got a warning message that let me know all vendor items would be sent to the bank. This was good to know and needed for any lot/basement that might have had a vendor (shared or not) on it.

- Before moving the saved slot back to the basement, I decided to test the right-click / send to bank feature. It worked just fine, except I don't think it warned me that it was going to separate the deed and all the items instead of moving it to the bank as a "saved unit" (which I thought was going to happen). So when I checked at the bank, I discovered each item from the basement as a single unit. Good feature for when you run out of slots, but a warning or description that it separates everything at the bank would be helpful.

- After resetting up the basement and saving to a slot again, I then tested moving the saved slot back to my empty basement slot on the right. It worked fine and all items were in tact (I only had 5 things in there this time though.) I also received another warning letting me know that replacing the basement would make any vendor items on the current ("empty lot") go to the bank. I had nothing there to worry about, but I could have set up another basement with a vendor so this was good to have because I might not have remembered that doing this will clear out a player vendors stock.

- I assume that if I had a different basement there to replace, that this would then "package" the existing one and move it to the slot I dragged the current one from? If I did have one and it does this, will it give me a warning and/or give me the option to just move the lot and all its items to my inventory or the bank?

- This is where things go south. :( When you replace a saved lot, a "5 minute" countdown timer starts to prevent any fast moves and help with performance, etc. Good idea, except that once it hit 0:00, the timer began going into the negatives and locked me out of testing this feature indefinitely. I tried the following to get it to reset with no success on any of them:
    a.) Logging out/in and resuming
    b.) Logging out, switching from Multi Player to Friends mode
    c.) Switching back to Multi Player mode
    d.) Leaving the scene to World Map and then re-entering.

- Things get even worse! I wanted to test saving more than one saved lot and also a whole lot instead of just a basement, so I logged into an alt account that also has Dev+ access. Since this avatar is also a co-owner of my first lot, the countdown timer was still running in the negative for this account too. :mad: So now I can't test things on another lot in another scene either due to the timer lockout issue.

- Besides the issue of not being able to save a new lot to a slot, I'm wondering if the 5 save slots will be taken up by both accounts if they are co-owner? Meaning that if I save a lot on the UI of one account, will it take up 1 of the 5 slots an an alt account if it is a co-owner? I think I would prefer having the extra slot for the alt account and just not give it access to save it to a slot if a co-owner. But I guess that could go either way for some people.

Well, I tried to test more, but that's as far as I could get with it.

Spoon likes this.
  2. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

@Daxxe Diggler, Exit the client completely and log back in. That will allow you use magic movers again if the timer is in the negatives. It's a bug that was reported a couple of days ago.

Alexander, Barugon and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is the best feature ever! :)

My only criticism right now, though, is that five slots is not enough. I know that there will be many complaints about it. Ten slots would be a lot better.

4. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I feel that's kind of a first world problem deal. Does the average player even have five properties, much less even need to use magic movers on all 5 at once?

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's not available for co-owners (I wish that it was).

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Think about if you have a fully decorated house but you want to change it to setup that haunted mansion for Halloween. Think of all the work you save by not having to redecorate your house again after the holiday. This is mostly useful for people that have a single lot and multiple houses.

Alexander and Chatele like this.
  7. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

@Barugon Ah, hadn't thought about seasonal homes. Touche. They did mention that payers can buy more slots later, which I imagine will be before they pass five seasons

Barugon likes this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Well that's weird then because when I logged in with a co-owner alt, I saw the timer still counting down and the properties of my main listed in the ui.

I'll test that later to confirm.

9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Ok, I had a chance to check this am.

Confirmed you cannot store nor replace a stored lot as a co-owner. Only the person who claimed the lot can use this feature.

I also confirmed that closing and reopening the client resets the negative timer issue.

10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Jonah and I were worried that my village lot which he has been using to create a block masterpeice on would get messed up using the magic mover. So we tested it yesterday, worked PERFECT. I also moved my heavily decorated city home... no issues. There was a delay on the time it took for the items on my vendors to hit my bank (Id say 3-5 mins) but they eventually did.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tried moving my fully decorated house and yard to another town lot and it worked perfectly. I also tried moving the stuff to a larger city lot and it won't let me. I feel that it should let you move your stuff to a larger lot, you would just have empty space around it.

DancingShade likes this.
  12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they did say that could be possible in the future. it just needs more work.

Barugon and DancingShade like this.
  13. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Has anyone tried moving from a water lot to land or vice versa? I'm curious what happens.

Specifically would a basement be preserved even though the above ground homes are incompatible?

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

DancingShade likes this.
  15. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Well, I spent some time playing with this and my only critique is that I would love to be able to transfer my vendor loaded with merchandise from one building to the next without having to restock him, especially in my case which would be close to 50 items. Other than that, it seems to work perfectly. I also played around with replacing the house with a burnt out house (think quest here), and back again. I also had both houses (with items) occupy two slots. This definitely has quest potential here.

Pebbles and Ancev like this.
  16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I havent heard anything from the devs as to how much a store/move costs. I just altered my PoT and need to move some of my houses. Now Im worried that it will have some huge cost.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tried restoring water lot stuff into a land lot (no, it doesn't work) but I didn't try the basement. I'll try that later today.

18. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We hope to make the player vendor more "magic mover" friendly next release.

Pebbles and Alexander like this.
  19. BurningToad

Stores/moves within the same scene (which is all that is possible right now) doesn't cost anything. In future releases it may be possible to move stored houses/basements between scenes for a cost, as yet to be determined. If you are talking about a PoT biome/scene change, we hope to be able to allow movement from the old PoT scene to the new one for free, but that is also not yet implemented.

2112Starman likes this.
  20. BurningToad

Basements should work fine between water or not water. But otherwise, you can't move the topside (house) part of a lot from a water to non-water, or vice versa. This is only really an issue for Water Keep and Castle lots, since they can use the 'Extra Land' option and essentially be a land based lot, so it would make sense to be able to move those lots who had extra land enabled to a regular Keep or Castle lot, and that ability may come in the future.

DancingShade and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.