Magic resist on gear not attunement?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thore Gundi, Oct 20, 2018.

?

feature request

1. agree

60.0%
  2. disagree

40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thore Gundi

Thore Gundi Avatar

What do you guys think about this idea? It just seems to me that magic resists to different trees of magic should be on gear not on how attuned you are to that tree?

What do you guys think?

Lazlo likes this.
  2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Not a terrible idea, I do like the current system.

3. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I would definitely like for there to be some sort of alternate route to resist other than just attunement. That wouldn't necessarily mean that attunement couldn't still provide resist, but if so, it would need to not stack with the alternative or the alternative would need some downside like +fizzle to avoid the same problem.

Even if not, resist could still use an overhaul. Ward gems, potions, blessings, and even some resist spell effects are useless in PvE. At the very least, there should be more transparency so that people have a better idea of what to expect.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

I've never understood attunement giving magic resist. My suggestion on attunement would be to give 90% MR to specializations, non-specialized up to 30%, and make MR on gear (an enchantment/masterwork up to 90% OR a material component from magical creatures like unicorns =magic , dragons = fire, liches =death, fish monster or boss elementals = water, etc.)

Boris Mondragon and Thore Gundi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.