Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Magic - Where are the boons?

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by sgl2586, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

I started the game in the typical leather armor/ranged weapon style. Recently as I am approaching a.lvl 90, I decided to try out heavy armor with a more strength oriented build. Depending on how I setup, I have access to the following to augment strength:
    Inner Strength
    Endurance
    Sun Worship
    Strength of Earth
    Bulwark of Earth
    Torpor
    Train Strength

In comparison for Int:
    Train Intelligence
    Enlightenment

I will grant you, some of those for strength are temporary buffs. But still 7 vs 2. Dexterity is in a similar state to Int. I will grant you, SOME magic trees have passives that augment the tree itself, but not all.

My assumption here is that strength/weapon trees are aimed at the 100/110 skill levels, but magic ends up aimed at the 120 if not higher. This spread out aspect for strength/weapon trees compared to the magic trees being highly focused may even out in terms of overall xp, but the barrier for entry into effectiveness seems much higher for a caster. While it is listed as part of the Q1 2018 plan to do some balancing around magic, keeping this perceived imbalance in mind would be good.

Applerust and Ajivani like this.
  2. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I'd also like to see less or more meaningful str buffs. Also, maybe one or two more int buffs would be nice. Not really sure what to do with dex since I don't use it too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.