Magical Glowing Aether Dye - Needs Some Quality Improvements

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cairo Hayden, Jul 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

The magical glowing aether dye is actually quite nice looking in some instances but only under certain conditions. For a moment I thought it was buggy causing the particular armor pattern I bought in the add-on store, but rather I think it has to do with the in-game lighting. This may be with multiple colors but I've really only noticed it on this particular pattern I'm using, the Obsidian Order Cloth set using the magical glowing aether dye.

Below are 3 different photos you can clearly see the differences in. First photo in low lighting area with NO light enhancements, 2nd photo I'm using Night Vision skill, and 3rd photo with both Night Vision and the Light spell on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, as the lighting conditions improve, the actual details of the armor come out but in the original photo you absolutely see nothing but a big blob of blue. Can you please in time work on some of these minor details, especially since we pay some fine money for these particular patterns.

Thanks @Elgarion , you're artwork is always amazing in this game so hopefully this isn't too difficult to fix!

2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ha, thanks! I'm not the artist though, that would be Damon and you're right, he is fantastic! He thinks this simply is a bug and that set shouldn't even be allowing dyes at all, but he'll know more when he gets to the ticket. Seems it isn't just the aether dye that causes unusual results. SOTA-69374

Anpu likes this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Nooooo I use that set and it takes purple dyes just fine!

Anpu, Elgarion and Lained like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.