Major issue with my combat hotbar enlarged above my peace hotbar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bloodluv, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

my game bugged out, i went to go fight and get some xp and when i enter combat mode , my peace hotbar stay where it was, and my combat hotbar is now enlarged to a ridiculous degree and positioned way above my peace hotbar

its obscuring my view and an eyesore
    im not even sure why i need my peace hotbar shown because all but light is greyed out

please tell me this wasnt a design change
    where is the option to change it back how it was?

if for some reason it was designed to be this way, why not have a tiny toolbelt hotbar where we can apply Light skill, food, and maybe dash skill, and make it moveable, so we can place it on the screen where we like it?

HAAAALLLPPPPPP!!!!! i cant play now and i want to play

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

screenshot would be helpful

3. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

It is working as expected, and is in response to requests from the community.

Potions are appearing in game, and are increasing in number and type. Some are really powerful. Now it would be really handy to be able to quickly down a potion during combat, but for most people adding potions to their deck would mess it up. Solution - keep the non-combat bar visible and accessible during combat.

If most of your glyphs are greyed out, it's because you cannot access them during combat. So stop and think. Food is something you eat once before combat, and you're good for some hours. Shift that to your inventory and grab it from there. Same with teleport/recall. You don't need them at a second's notice - use them from your inventory.

Do some experimenting and find what you CAN use - like potions - and drop them in the non-combat bar. Also if you use an elemental pet, the summon spell will work in the non-combat bar I think.

The game is continually changing - adapt with it. Hopefully you will find there are advantages.

Barugon and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  4. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

There is a much better solution that leaves a minimal interface, and that is using swap bars, this adds only a slight penalty that you need to step away from combat for a second so you can down a potion before you pick up your sword again, but like ESO you never actually leave combat you are just taking a risk of refocusing for a second, you can still do light/heavy attacks using the mouse. ESO has a back weapon combat bar, and a potion hot bar on different hot keys, that are only swapped in when you need them.

5. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

im not worried about what i can or can not use on the passive hotbar

i want my combat bar back to the same size and position it was originally - WHY is it ENLARGED?

and allow me to move or hide just the passive bar

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Why two threads on this and sorry you are having troubles. The Dev team is responding to feedback about potions and such in making the other bar available during combat. The bar is not enlarged, the non combat bar is made smaller to access so we can cast light for example anytime and use it for potions instead of the combat bar and many other ideas people get. I do think perhaps they could fix it up a bit though. And not sure why you can't play now, is that a choice? There will be changes in this game continuously as the Devs try to make things work better for us due to feedback but sometimes they just need more feedback on it. I don't want them to take the access away though. I drink more potions now when healing and need them on the extra bar.

7. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

i thought i should make a post in the proper forum about it after discovering it was a redesign
    maybe it just looks bigger because its no longer at the bottom of my screen where it should be
    now i have a useless passive bar at the bottom of the screen i cant move out of the way because its linked to the combat bar

i like to play in third person and now the combat bar is over my avatar, its very annoying. i want to see my avatar unobstructed. i guess im forced to zoom out to play. its ridiculous

Sorry im OCD when it comes to getting my UI right in games. And the way it is now is driving me nuts

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@roosota

To reposition your bar you click hold and drag on the sword in the middle.

So when you are somewhere safe, draw your weapon and then place the bar where you want it.

The increase in size due to double bars is about 60% more than it used to be, so relatively not that big a change.

If the bar is indeed taking up too much % of your screen then it is likely that you are running the game in a small screen resolution making the bar proportionally larger.
    As such you might want to fiddle around with the graphics setting and see if you can have higher height value.

Happy hunting

9. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

i play at 1920x1080, i know how to move the hotbars around
    i want my combat bar detached from the passive bar and touching the bottom of my screen, back to where it was before
    can that be accomplished?

after that then we can talk about the option to show or hide the passive bar, because right now its useless on my screen.
    i dont use food, potions, light or anything that requires the passive bar to be shown during combat.
    if i want to cast light during combat i will run 5 feet from where im fighting and watch the mobs make a mad dash back to their spawn point

10. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Why don't you use foods? I really like the extra regen for a couple of hours and heal pots, both have saved me a couple of times...

11. bloodluv

bloodluv Avatar

because i dont need food or pots, im skilled in death and life magic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.