Make Agriculture casual friendly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just because things are simple doesn't always mean that it's bad. Look at Xenoblade Chronicle 2 as example. The game only have 3 main attacks with 1 tier-based attack per character, but the connected combo and the build up for higher damage make the combat more appealing. The game has mini map for quest points + also allow fast travel. And yet people are spending over 70 hours on the main quest, 200 hours on side questions, even start the game over in NG+ mode after they're done.

The OP should not stop bring up things to discuss as long as it's being kept in one subject contained within a thread. Those who agree or disagree should pitch in their thoughts. If they feel tired of participating, they can move on to different threads. Even if a thread is full of people who agree or disagree with topics, it doesn't mean the dev will implement on things just because everyone says so. However, it provides a useful insight on why people want or don't want things for certain way.

Watering right now is a darn inconvenience still, but we have come the long way. When it was first introduced, we didn't even have the "wet" effect to show that the plants were still watered. So I hope there will be more changes to agriculture to improve the game play along with immersion.

Stundorn, Woodchuck and idaniod like this.
  2. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

Seems like a lot of that lately

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I guess from the “let’s hear any and all opinions” perspective you have a point. I have nothing against that in principle at all.

It’s the tact taken that I am warning about.

No time to play (unwilling to make effort/time) yet desire same results as full-time player.

Really, if we entertain this, what is next on the chopping block?

Where do we draw the line?

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

One can draw the line wherever they want. It is not a player job to collectively establish a common line nor to restraint others people to go beyond their personal line. The devs on the other hand need to collect, weed out noises, and analyze the feedback and come up with their own. Their bottom line goal is to increase player based as many as possible to keep the development going, so they will come be able to balance the common ground.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

But that’s what @Brugas is doing. He is a player and he is essentially curating a list of suggestions and wants and things to fix for the devs.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s-suggestions-complaints.134401/#post-1092514

Why don’t you use the same argument to stop him doing that?

Brugas likes this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

I don't think I follow your reply. Why do I need to stop anyone from doing anything? I'm not getting paid to moderate this forum here, you know?

Also, the man wants to make a list to save the dev time. What's wrong with that? Did he say that no one else you make a new thread except adding their wish to his list? It didn't seem to be the case to me. While it is not his job to do so, who am I tell him that he can't do it?

Anyhow, this is way off topic from the OP, which is about making agriculture less tedious.

Brugas likes this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Could you please explain how this works?

I'm doing it the old fashion way, mouseover, hit "E", repeat to do 40 plants, one by one... I do have the watering skill, and it says I can water 3 at a time, but I guess I can't figure it out... I also don't get any watering animation, like we used to get, is there a bug?

moxiepilot likes this.
  8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Easy for you to say, but I'm a canual SPO player and don't grind my way to a million in gold, so 800 gold for water or press a key, is a no brainer for me... I choose free...

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m also a very casual player, and also don’t have millions in gold. But I do know where to get it. If 2 gp for a bucket of water is a problem for you, we need to have a talk, because you can get gold for 200 buckets for free by spending around 10-15 minutes of your time. ;)

SmokerKGB likes this.
  10. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Under "Agriculture" skill tree... youll see two "red" skills for watering and harvesting. Drag those to your utility bar and use those to AoE water and harvest... saves SOOOO much time. Thank you SotA for that!!

SmokerKGB likes this.
  11. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

From what I've read, you drag skill to your hotbar and use the skill directly..

Could be wrong ;)

SmokerKGB likes this.
  12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

If you’re taking such a high and noble position where every suggestion/opinion has equal merit then you had better scrutinize @Brugas list too and make sure everything is there.

I guess it’s clear that at the end of the day, everyone is simply acting on their own agendas.

13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Yes, isn't this the whole point of having a forum in the first place? People login, read thread, make thread, reply posts with their opinions. What's the issue here?

Again, I do not follow your point here. It's not @Brugas's job to compile everyone's suggestion/opinion. While it's nice of him to compile up all these requests, but it's his list, so it's his call on what's go in and what not. If people want to contribute, they can ping him. If people hate what he does, they can start their own list as well.

Also, suggestion/opinion only have merits if they are 1) provided in genuinely truthful manner by poster, 2) in good faith and intended for further discussion, and 3) stay on topic. Don't convoluted those with s**tposting, flame-bait, or post that is intended to gate-keep other people from participating in the discussion. They are different things for different intents.

Not sure why would it consider to be "high and noble". I'm just looking another forum user like others who enjoy participating in discussion, that's all.

Brugas likes this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Actually, I regret to inform you I was wrong.

In 10 minutes I was able to purchase over 400 buckets of water. Ten minutes.

Now excuse me, It will probably take me an hour to walk back home with all these buckets of water...

:(

moxiepilot likes this.
  15. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Consider putting them into the bank and gradually move them over., so you can do it at full speed.

moxiepilot and Jaesun like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe they could make it so that growth halts when it's time for more water. This would give people plenty of time and you would always get the maximum water.

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Well, if you don't follow "high and noble", let's go back to your initial reply.

Would you care to explain your reasoning for responding with this part to my post:

That's exactly what I did, I replied to this thread with my thoughts. My opinion. My first post to this thread, how could I be tired already?

You are indeed not the moderator. Yet that reply of yours is moderator-like, and implies that I should move on to different threads.

Again, you're being Mr. Referee here. If you have issue with my opinion, then offer a reasoned response that directly addresses my arguments/points, but instead, you go off in a tangent about what my job as a player shouldn't be -- who made you the authority/moderator here?

I get it. You're only protecting your self interest. My opinion doesn't matter since it doesn't serve yours.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Open up your skills with the k key go agriculture tree drag the first icon to your non combat bar, have water in your inventory, click on the icon and the plants and watch the magic. You can also do the same for harvesting an area if you drag that icon down. I just right click the icon afterwards to get rid of it since non combat bar space is very limited.

SmokerKGB, Jaesun and moxiepilot like this.
  19. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

@Jaesun For as many hours as I've played so far, I'm still learning too. I'm new to agriculture and needed this explanation too. Did not know you could hot bar it....

majoria70 and Jaesun like this.
  20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I didn’t know that either, heck I’ve been playing since R50 something hehe. But I was still training up agriculture, so I was still doing it one at a time. But now the skills are at where they are at for now, I can do that much faster method.

majoria70 and moxiepilot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.