Make crafted gear worth while - please!

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Carlin the Druid Archer, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Definitely no mispeaking, just a differing point of view. I see it as an immersion type of argument. So people want a particular convenience while others believe it will break immersion. The differing views are perhaps irreconcilable in principle yet both may still play the finished game.

I conflated the issue of forums with that of websites like the OP posted. Both can be used to facilitate trade to the same end, but I accept that a website like the OP's will make the process easier. It still doesn't auto-complete any trade which is why I don't think it can break the notion of regional economies. I'm quite stoked to try regional economies since most MMOs have a global economy and I'm keen to try something different.

Agreed but I think it illustrates a point where differing views will need to be reconciled. Pledges and the add-on store facilitate a type of RTM which some people strongly disagree with but grudgingly accept. There are similar arguments for pledge rewards and the add-on store killing the in-game economy. My take on this is that the dynamics of the SotA will be different from what people are used to because there are pledge rewards and an add-on store; different but not a killer. Which is roughly my thinking on websites like the OPs: the economy will be different that it would be if such websites didn't exist but not necessarily awful.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

well ok that wasn't fair on you since im a mage, but you can see the damage output it generates now.

3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Mine as well. I can't afford the repair kits, and it takes more then 1 repair kit to fully repair just 1 of your gear.... So i just buy new weapons and gear .... They really need to fix this.... I would really prefer they make it so we can repair all gear at the blacksmith for a small fee, and keep the repair kits also for a quick repair on the go, when we are out in the world and need a quick fix ....

4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

If I remember the plan correctly they want it to get progressively m ore expensive to repair until it is no longer good to do it....so that they keep you replacing gear as time goes on. Stimulates the economy. I'm not sure this is in place yet.

Logain and Morkul like this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

top Right corner has a search
    You can have that search on Thread Titles and User name.
    Or you can click a name and click the post count.

Logain likes this.
  6. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

effort/reward, same reason why he wouldn't do it for himself. but tbh, themo should rly have his own sticky thread, guy is a beast.

Spoon likes this.
  7. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

But they will be using affinity in this game. Repair needs to be affordable or feasible. Otherwise you might as well just forget affinity because it won't work.

Logain and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  8. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I agree. They will balance the crafting soon. It would be great if the Devs. wanted us to craft various items for them to test the system again like last year. I miss the chest in the Owlshead Crafting Pavillion with the respawning supplies we needed (free). We will make whatever you want--we promise! For now, since it doesn't pay to craft, I am just killing skeletons and exploring Novia. How about some I.C. (incentive compensation). It works for executives. It will work for us, too!

9. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

Personally, I'd prefer there to be a direct investment in keeping a piece of gear over-time, repair and fitting it to your body, and randomly producing effects over-time as a result. That way you have a direct current economic incentive to have the mage armor, and any armor, knowing maybe 10-20-30 repairs later, you might get a random stat mutation or something, even something as little as +1 ANYTHING. but i digress, most people want gear to wear out to stimulate econ, and i can see that being useful too, as a chinese botter and what not.

Ice Queen likes this.
  10. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

At a start things must be cheap to repair but after a while it will get expensive, so expensive so you rather buy new. Actually quite realistic approach and correctly balanced gives you a good economy.

Problem right now is that the output from mining are way to low and that gives you high prices on raw material witch gives you high prices on repairs. At one point everything in the game will be player made but at that point we must have popper output from gathering/mining. So the whole repair cost is not that easy to solve until we get more complete resource cycle. I'm actually quite surprised that developers are leaving gathering and manufacturing so late in the development due to the importance it will have in the end game.

11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Yeah raise mining yields i am running low!
    [​IMG]

Lord Rixus and Destroying Angel like this.
  12. Valandur

Valandur Avatar

Well, taking into account that the "crafting" skills aren't implemented yet (hopefully these skills will add to an items effectiveness). And also the other aspects of the crafting system that are surely to be added.

I had to comment on what I've observed while crafting. Making leather armor, which is inferior to store bought augmented leather. It produces, say Boots of Dodge. Why only dodge? Why not dodge if you add a certain additional item, but say some other trait when you include a different additional item?

Harvesting tools. Does the state of the tool affect how much you harvest (yet?)? My beginner tools are a 0/100 yet continue to harvest 1 and at times 2 of each resource..? Oddly, my pick axe was at 0/100 before I ever found an ore node?? :eek:

A problem as well is with a game like this, where players test and comment on each build. Its tough for anyone who hasn't monitored each build to understand the thinking and Dev's plans unless there's a place where those comments and plans are laid out. I search for topics so I don't make stupid posts, but at times I miss them for whatever reason and post about something that's been discussed by the Dev's.

I like where crafting is going, hope it continues along this path.

13. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

proper output is an interesting topic given that i am a chinese botter(joking), that said, i mean really exponentially with the growth of the crafting/adventuring side of things, it's rather easy to craft, gather massive amounts of resources.

As far as a real player, I suppose you would prefer to be working in 3-5's instead of 1-3's; I don't disagree with that, but the problem will still be that even at 1; i can accumulate hundreds a day over you while you're working etc.

Personally, working in powers of 3^ which is basically what the system is at right now, it's competitive enough. i suppose. As far as what those numbers might be in the future, it would be rare to have a base 5. But for me, 5 is a sacred number since it rounds to 10; anybody who used auctioneer knows that an item will sell at 144 better then it will at 144; and if you have to use 5's at all, end in 50 cents. since that double quarter feeling is nice

14. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

you've also been in spectral mines for like 4 days straight. like a literal, 24x7.

Logain and Beli Mawr like this.
  15. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

aye, i have lol

gaylike21 likes this.
  16. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

just trying to give a heads up to any traveler in advance, themo is made of lead. and quite possibly a terminator. so, your results will vary.

17. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

18. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

and they said prosperity tools were worthless! hahahahahaha

WTB PROSPERITY TOOLS: OFFERING 100K FOR ALL.

19. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

20. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.