1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Make Embedded Towns Available from Town Enter Dialog

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tirrag, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

As you discover new caravans and boats to embedded towns, it would be nice to then include them in the town enter area dialog much like if you had found another entrance in and out of the town. This would give more exposure to the embedded towns and give residents of these towns a quick jump right into their town from the enter screen.

2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Towns sold with NO Overland Access get No Overland Access.

That would majorly tick of those who bought towns WITH Overland Access.

Lily Byrd likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It would still be better for the game in the long run. It's not like they haven't changed things for the exact same reason.

They could tie it to discovery; maybe you need to find all of the entrances to both the main town and the embedded town before it appears on the overland town entrance list. Then characters actually have to go through both towns in order to gain the benefit.

4. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

I was hoping that all towns would have overland access in the future until they issued those tokens to pay for upgrades come Ep2. It seems by now the developers might have learned a bit more from their initial mistakes regarding POTs.
    Maybe charging a bit to get your town on the map for the next Episode would seem fair to those who purchased the towns with overland access if the fee brought the purchase up to the same price as the overland POT's
    Personally as an Overland POT purchaser 5 x over. I would rather see all towns in game on the overland map at this point if it would help them prosper!

More importantly, I hope we are not going to witness another greedy money grab by developers without regard to customers who have already spent thousands and continue to do so on their towns. I can't see how introducing another 50-300 towns into the game is going to be any good for the game.
    Would love to see a set number of POT's in this game based upon number of players actively playing the game and the availability of lots thru out the game in all types of towns.
    Before selling more of them you should have a way to remove them from the game over a period of time if not being developed and maintained by owners. Then resold and put back into the game in the hands of new players who wish to take a swing at POT ownership, but limit the introduction of new towns based upon the number of active players in game. Honda has been very successful under producing some of their best cars for decades, it keeps a pent-up demand for all their automobiles and resale values high. It is a good look for the company overall. people have nothing but good to say about them. They make tons of money on parts and service of older cars, way more than they do on the sale of new ones.

OK jumps down of my soapbox before someone kicks it out from beneath me...
    :eek:

5. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

Despite different levels of purchase I still feel that allowing an embedded town, once you have discovered it, to show in the town enter dialog would not be any different than it being available in the teleport to zone scrolls once you have discovered it. Zone scrolls are essentially "access from anywhere" overland or not. Also, I would think that the great advantage, and the difference in cost, is the actual town being visible and easily found on the overland map, not that it would be available from the town enter dialog once discovered. In any case, if you were a resident of the town it would be nice to have it available in the town enter dialog.

Bedawyn and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'd like my city to be seen on the map as well. Not ACCESSIBLE but SEEN. I literally have to give directions to people to find us. It's completely unfair that my city isn't even in the SEARCH function.

But, I mean, if you want to keep alienating people, go for it, Laz.

Why anyone thinks it's an smart move to HIDE GAME CONTENT is beyond me.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Anpu and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

how about it appears on a list then uses a Zone Scroll when accessed...

8. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

no Zone Scroll in inventory then it still appears but grayed out...

9. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

bump

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  10. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

an idea that's definitely come up before, I'll add it to the database. Perhaps some method of making it easier to find POT's that are nested would be nice, even if this particular one doesn't get traction. Great input, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.