Make Fishing Simple and relaxing -- (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Isaiah, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valandur

Valandur Avatar

""Maybe you can satisfy both camps. Something were you can just cast your pole and fish. However, if you choose to put bait on it then you increase the chance to catch something uncommon. Also, if you choose to bait your line, then you just attach a stack of bait to the pole and it will continue to cast baited until the stack of bait is consumed.

This could also lead to bait crafting.

Just a thought.""

I fully agree with the above post. No reason we can't have relaxing fishing AND the "battle" to land a monster fish! At LEAST 500 LB. monster fish would be wicked! But if you've got TMB then you can just vegge and catch normal sized fish.

2. Eternal Knight

Eternal Knight Avatar

@BeyondSleepy - I didn't explain it very well, but I was trying to make the contrast of fishing out into the deep ocean with bait would have a higher % yield of a more desirable result for rare fish, treasure, ect then if I was 'auto' fishing off the shore line. UO had 'deep water' 6 tiles away from all land, but it could be a little more realistic in this game. I wouldn't mind being out in the middle of the ocean and 'auto' fishing and still having that chance either.

@Sir Mishri - I like the idea but it depending on the length of a game day. If one IRL hour equals 1 full game day, the change would be too fast to try and keep up. Where the seasons come into play, it gives a longer lasting effect for fishing that will change more gradual overtime.

3. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I was looking at this fishing game some more.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElRcXkpCUb4

I like how the camera follow the line and you can zoom in or out.
    While zoomed in you can see things under the water.

I also noticed in watching some of those video how much more you appreciate the surrounding scenes.
    In some of the videos you got the sun in your face based on the time of day they were fishing.

4. Beyond Sleepy

Beyond Sleepy Avatar

@jondavis - One of the stretch goals in the campaign ($1.2M) was 'Seasonal Weather'. I interpret that as meaning we will indeed have spring, summer, fall, winter. I do also like the aiming and surrounding in Family Fishing.

@Eternal Knight - I havent actually played UO yet, but I plan to play it this summer. And I'm a little worried about game days. I'd certainly like them to be quite long, a lot more than one hour, but not so long that it interferes with peoples daily functioning in real life of course. A four to six hour cycle or more seems fitting to me, but it might be a bit long for others. idk. I just want a day to feel like a day when playing, wich it doesn't if I see a sunrise and a sunset every 30 minuts. Every two to three hours though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.