Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Male or Female Characters.

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by D A Morton, Apr 3, 2014.

?

Which gender of charter do you play.

1. 1 - Male with all Male Characters.

40.9%
  2. 2 Female with all female Characters.

13.6%
  3. 3 - Male with both Gender Characters.

40.9%
  4. 4 - Female with Both Gender Characters.

4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D A Morton

D A Morton Avatar

Are you male with male characters or female with female? Do you mix it up and immerse yourself in roll play and have both types of characters? Just a fun poll now R4 has come and gone.

2. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Male, with all male characters.

While I love female characters and have written novel-length stories with a female as the main character, in MMOs and RPGs and the like, I've always tended to just play guys. On some levels it's seemed "honest" (in the sense of suggesting the sex of the gamer behind the character), and on others I've been creeped out in the past by guys justifying their female characters with, "I'd rather watch a woman's butt from behind..." Like... ewww, creepy, it's just pixels, dudes!

3. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

I play both...not like ewww creepy...I just like to watch a female kick ass! :cool:
    My wife, who always creates female toons, thinks of our in-game characters as sisters when I RP a femme fatale! :D
    With SotA being one character only I'll be male. ;)

4. Vampiro

Vampiro Avatar

I am male and in RPGs I like playing both male and female characters. My choice depends on various things:

In ME I went male, because of the immersion. In Dragon Age I initially went male (fighter) but quickly discovered I need to play mage (hardest difficulty, always had to change to Morrigan) and had a fresh start with a female mage. In Dragon's Dogma I play a female Assassin. It is, to me, also nicer to look at the back of a female ;-D
    In LOTRO I played a female archer, but despite my efforts, it is often noticable if your character does not reflect your gender.

In a one player SOTA I will play male. I do hope that they might eventually decide to allow you playing a male AND a female character, but I do not thank that this will happen.

5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I hope more people participate in this poll. I think the results will be interesting and as varied as the number of players we have. Just in my own gamer-friend community, I see a lot of variance.

I personally am female and only play human female characters. I personally cannot relate to having lizard skin with a tail and swagger like a guy. I recently visited my son and was watching some game he was playing. His character had a tail. I said "is that a TAIL?" He laughed. He will play across species and gender to experience a game fully. For me, it's about immersion. And for me to do that, I need to be able to relate. Thus, Rhiannon is who graces the various worlds that I come across to explore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.