Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Malice changes and concerns (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Release 45 QA Feedback Forum' started by Arya Stoneheart, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Malice: We reconstructed the skeleton/barrier puzzle using the new interactive system and updated the clue letter to reference gems instead of letters. More work on improving Malice is scheduled for R46.

My concern with the barrier puzzle is that there is no way to get to an Ankh if you cannot get past the barrier, which there is one just beyond it in the tunnel with the gold nodes.

I recommend putting one in the Rotunda with Samael and Muriel so that players do not have to wait 5 minutes to be revived after dying.

I also recommend removing all the Liches from Malice since they are too difficult to fight for an AL 40 or 50 character where the journal says they can do this now and for the AL 50 character this should not be challenging for them.

Elwyn, Barugon, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I just went through Malice again today and had to fight through five Liches to get through the dungeon to complete it with the new barrier in place.

[​IMG]

This one spawned in a bad place, right near the Ankh after going through the barrier after it is gone.

[​IMG]

Here are two more in the room with Anapa. The Lich Archers can be challenging, they are still yellow to me at AL84.

Chatele and Barugon like this.
  3. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I have to say I am slightly amused in a very masochistic manner. The place that was already the hardest part of the story line is now harder..? One of two things I think needs to happen with Malice: Samael actually remains his usable pet NPC self past meeting with the ghost (and gets his banish undead spell fixed to do more than zero damage) OR we see zero liches in here. This place is seriously rough and for the journal to say "all good in the hood" at AL ~50 is all wrong.

discipleofweb likes this.
  4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We do plan to have Samael accompany you once you break him free from Muriel next release.

5. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Great! Please don't overlook fixing his banish undead spell doing zero damage Lum!

6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Sounds great. I plan on replaying the main story again next month with the reset on the QA and live servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.