Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Malice

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by StPhil, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StPhil

StPhil Avatar

Seems like I have trouble with every stage of this quest, I do not 'love' it.

So while in Malice the first time, I found a breakable wall with a ladder behind it. Hovering over the ladder it only says "ladder", and looking up it seems to go to a ledge. So I click on it, and end up back in the overworld, outside Spite, without my spirit-talker Sam.

Using the boat to bamf back into Malice, I see no Sam, no spirit of Sam's wife, but am able to get around inside the dungeon, past the barrier, to the throne room, where there is no Anapa and there are undead who are not aggro to me. They will actually open conversation but have nothing to say and don't respond to name or job. Using the summon whistle all over the dungeon did not bring Sam to my side.

Heading back out to the overworld, I go into Spite and talk to Charon to take me back outside Malice and walk in that way. This time Sam's wife is there, but still no Sam, and still no Anapa, although I did need to click on the skeletons to get through the barrier again. And again, pulling the whistle to a button and mashing the ever loving bajeebuz out of it did not manifest Sam.

Am I out of luck at this point?

-Qhal

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and sorry to learn about your troubles.

The ladder tooltip will be an east fix. That's issue #61483

The non-appearance of Samael is a bigger issue. Because you have the whistle, he should appear for you. I'm not sure about the other problems yet. I'll have to dig deeper into this. It's a separate issue number than the ladder: #61484

3. StPhil

StPhil Avatar

Thank you kind sir. Tested it again tonight in the off chance I'd be lucky. Went through town, ferried over with Charon, walked in the door, killed 4 spiders, stood next to the ghost of Muriel, and mashed the summon whistle. No Sam. :(

4. StPhil

StPhil Avatar

***Update*** So I sat there, spam clicking and clicking use on item in my inventory bag, and some around click number 12, HE POPPED!!!! I have no idea why or how. Perhaps something laggy? Perhaps I just got lucky? No clue, but I was able to finally meet Anapa and continue. :)

I will avoid being bitter about getting double xp for this had it worked over the weekend, and just be happy in the progress. What's 100k between friends? :)

-Qhal

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the updates and I'm glad things turned around for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.