Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Many issues Win 8.1 and Kubuntu 13.10

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by Jatvardur, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I have a long list of issues, too many to detail in the specific bug forums but the game has been pretty much unplayable the last few days. I've tried to log in from two different locations with two different computers. The 64-bit version doesn't seem to let me log in at all, it gets to 100% loading then never lets me into the game. Currently I'm on Linux running the 32 bit client but the lag, or whatever it is, is killing me.

Win 8.1 (64 bit) laptop - core i5, 8gb ram
    I can't see my character during character creation. It shows the clothes but not the body. I click on to the next page then change head type and then I'm able to see a default head but none of the changes to hair colour make any difference.

I logged in to game and then crashed entering the blue portal. My character plus others are showing default characters (all males looking the same). If I select full screen then the characters appear as they should. That was on Thursday. However, since logging out on Thursday night I've had issues trying to get back into the game.

Kubuntu 13.10 (64 bit) - 4 gb ram
    I couldn't log in with the 64 bit client. Managed to get in with the 32 bit client but performance is awful. It seems like the game has a soft crash and stalls completely for long periods of time (30 seconds plus). The game responds momentarily before completely stalling again.

I've had the game on the lowest settings and it is totally unplayable. :'(

Mercyful Fate likes this.
  2. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

The stalling sounds exactly like my x64 experience which I posted in: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/linux-game-freezes.7993/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.