MAPS.... Please fix them....

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Synergy Blaize, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I started a few weeks ago & my biggest ongoing annoyance is the "broken" Scene Maps.

There is so much to learn & comprehend in the early days of gameplay.

Having reliable maps to find your way around a scene, to complete quests or to find the exit,
    would enable a more enjoyable New Player Experience.

Having a map that is poorly calibrated, does not load at all or one that does not even seem to relate to the landscape you are travelling, could be a game breaker for many.

I know there are a million other issues to deal with,
    but for New Players especially, this Fix should be in the Top 10 to-do-list.

Witcheypoo, Ffred, Market and 14 others like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I agree with this too, more so because an area you have to go to for one of the Virtue quests still has a broken map. That map should not at all be broken. Especially if someone is doing a trial run and runs across that broken map....

Though I recall the maps are still a work in progress thing, and are slowly but surely getting fixed (like maps are completely broken for Linux people).

3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I am really not up to speed with the fixes that are required. (Apart from R53, which I have pored over)
    If Linux folks had no map (or severely out of whack) Kudos to the Linux folks for persisting!

One thing I have to say out-loud this game is stunningly beautiful in it's landscape & environment
    AND
    is extremely addictive!

I feel heartened to read that the Devs have a solid plan to continue improvements/fixes in the coming months.
    Kudos to the Hard Working & dedicated Dev Team. I bet they wish they had a Magic Wand to fix everything.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

5. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Kaffe Nightbreeze likes this.
  6. Nightsong

Nightsong Avatar

I stopped playing for 2 weeks as I got so frustrated by the maps being "off by a long shot", upside down or taking forever to load. It's hard enough for some of us to learn how to play a new game, let alone having a map that is completely useless. Having said that, most maps are pretty good, but it only takes an hour of running around in confusion, trying to make allowances for a dud map, to make me want to log out. :(

Witcheypoo and Vermine like this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

In-game maps have only been working for a few months, some of us have been playing without them for two years or more. They know the maps are broken, wrong, or missing, but they don't have enough people to fix them quickly, and they needed to concentrate on having an official release.

You can also access the maps via a web browser. They won't track where you are, but it's so much better than flying blind.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/

Witcheypoo likes this.
  8. coffeeislife

coffeeislife Avatar

We were told maps for linux were coming in R53, and they're still not there. That's not really very cool. So far, all this new update really means is broken damage mitigation and still no maps...

Tamsen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.