Mark quests or the way to it ?

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Makoki123, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Yeah people, i´s me once again :D
    I have to admit that i´m getting pretty lost in new britannia in some off the quests cause there´s no exact descripcion where or even the name of the town where to go in some of the quests.
    Right now i´m totaly lost in a town called Brookside, trying to follow the quest to the solace bridge.
    But it had happend to me in other occasiones too.
    So, is there any way to mark the quests destination ot where to find the person one has to look for?
    Or any other kind of help?
    I´m running around like stupid without knowing what to do, sometimes, not allways! ;):):D

Kara Brae likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ahhh sorry that is happening to you. If you are getting stuck just keep posting and you can @Lum the Mad and @Puuk with feedback on your difficulties since they write the quests. Perhaps they would add a bit more clues someplace for you. This game is pretty massive. Are you just going to do quests, have you had a chance to see any of the world? Anyway again I'm Majoria if I can help in game in ways other than quests since I am waiting until after release to reset my quests I started years ago. ;)

Makoki123 likes this.
  3. Makoki123

Makoki123 Avatar

Thanks for your answer. The truth is that this game is getting pretty complicated for me, i nearly don´t understand how, what and where to do. I never tried a game so complicated.
    Right now i was on to buy a place to live but can´t understand how to do it, and i´ve read the Player_Instruccions, but i don´t get it.
    Can´t i just buy some ingame currency in the shop or a escritura ( the English/Spanish mishmash inGame makes me silly too) for an nice place i found to place an house for me.
    If i´ve to earn the gold by playing, y never ever will get enough for nothing, i wanna play for fun and not for work.
    Sorry.

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Welcome! I saw another thread where you asked about quests not being updated correctly in the Journal, which is a real problem. I hope they fix the journal soon because if it works correctly, if should eliminate the problems you are describing (not knowing where to go or who to speak to). Quest givers and people you need to talk to wave to you and give off blue sparkles.

I have been avoiding quests until launch, but it seems odd that you should have quests that don't tell you "where or even the name of the town where to go".

Regarding buying a place to live - you first need to acquire a lot deed and then you must find an available lot to claim with the deed. There are numerous threads on this subject, and two active ones about earning enough gold in-game to be able to buy property. These pertinent threads:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-in-sota-without-spending-money.111562/unread
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-race-to-home-ownership.111801/

Makoki123 likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

well instead of worrying so much perhaps contact me or someone. I am in game atm and get yourself settled someplace to learn it. This game has been created with layers and layers of players feedback taking it in all directions. It is not an easy task to just figure it out. Players are still figuring out what role they want to play in this game. Seeing if you can find your niche and what lights you up is part of the journey. Again I am Majoria in game.

Makoki123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.