Marking runes and travel?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Namodias, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAMorton

JAMorton Avatar

I loved the recall spell in UO being able to travel back to a place that you have found, and be able to continue exploring a new area from there. I do however agree with Owain regarding is post about why someone who commits a criminal act should not be able to flee, it can be scripted into the story line easily enough. Why should someone be able to PK a lesser skilled person and recall out without consequence, doesn't make sense, a disruption to your spirit debuff seems to me the perfect answer to this problem and would make people more considered when taking this action.

Zifnab Strongarm and Owain like this.
  2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

REDs cannot recall... epic thought

3. Owain

Owain Avatar

I would actually prefer that no one flagged for Open PvP be allowed to recall, but I can see how by restricting the limitation to reds, that would serve to rehabilitate PvP in the minds of people who object to Open PvP based upon their UO experiences.

4. Arkhan

Arkhan Avatar

What's the difference between stabbing someone in the woods and running away, or stabbing someone in the woods and teleporting away?

Either way, you're escaping.

UO has (or had) a cooldown. You kill someone, you're flagged for combat and can't use gates or recall. It won't let you. If there are others around, you're probably going to get mobbed.

Cooldown ends, you leave however you want.

The cooldown is the very same amount it would take for you to get reasonably far enough away from the crime scene to not get caught.

Or, I mean, you could just walk 1-2 screens away and use invisibility or hiding.

Again, people in open PVP land shouldn't be penalized or have to sacrifice character functionality entirely. Limiting it's exploitability is understandable and reasonable.

Removing it altogether is not.

and this is coming from a person who PVPed on UO, and who didn't even use magic on that character (until Chivalry, but not enough of it to actually cast sacred journey reliably enough to ever consider using it to flee.)

Zifnab Strongarm likes this.
  5. Zifnab Strongarm

Zifnab Strongarm Avatar

I'm completely with Arkhan on this.

Everyone who is anti-whatever wants to put so many impediments in place that it eliminates "bad" players completely. "Put them in their own realm" "Give them permadeath" "Throw them in jail for real life years" "Don't let them escape"

I'm against doing this too. If you don't let PVP people recall at all, that would completely change the game. Spending ridiculous amounts of time traveling in-game is by far the least fun thing you can do. Without a "fast-travel" method available, I would probably end up quitting (as I have done in other games - like GW2), and other people probably would too citing the reason that they "got bored" of the game or just didn't have enough time to play.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  6. Mith aka Crazy_Scriby

Mith aka Crazy_Scriby Avatar

Kal Ort Por !!!

=)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.