Markus Sevron: Request for Inclusion

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by Markus Sevron, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

Thanks Bajan Grace for the tip and Lord Trenyc for the reply. Like I said, I like what can be developed with this. I will look at using the tip later to fix this shield (At work right now.) but in placing the shield here can I in essence reserve this blazon until such time as i can get you a proper one completed? Thank-you again for the help and the feedback.

Lord Trenyc and Bajan Grace like this.
  2. Bajan Grace

Bajan Grace Avatar

Your blazon, and even the current emblazon you have as your forum avatar, are approved, registered and reserved for you. All of us at the college are, just like you, eagerly waiting for the generator to be up and running.

That being said, just like the game, many of us are having fun experiencing the development of the generator and also taking part in it.

You're very welcome, and it's always a pleasure to meet great players like yourself.

Ravenclaw likes this.
  3. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

Thank-you Bajan. For your help and your kind words.

4. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Markus, the version of your arms that is submitted and approved is the one below. If you want to submit that new emblazon as a replacement, I can submit it for vote for you, though. What do you think?

[​IMG]

5. Knight Grant MacGregor

Knight Grant MacGregor Avatar

Hi Markus,

Thanks for trying out the generator! :) The sanguine border you see around the charges is from the fimbriation slider not being at 0. I was able to recreate your device without the sanguine contouring:

[​IMG]

Ravenclaw likes this.
  6. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

I like the blazon created using Blazonforge. Do not get me wrong I really appreciate all the help on the first shield but I did not know about the other generator at the time and it seemed to be more versatile with more options. If the second blazon is legal (as shown below) my preference would be to use that one. If not then I am fine with the first one generated. Either way I appreciate your help and patience.

7. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

Looks great but wasn't sure we use/submit the shield with the outside trim like this? (Referring to the metal trim with bolts and copper inlay with three points.) I thought the outer edges of the shield had to be clean edges such as in the first submission. I admit this looks great but I wasn't sure if it could be used like this.

Great work on the generator by the way. Took me a minute to realize that I had to change the side and bottom at the same time for them to correlate but once I got the hang of that, things worked really well. Keep up the great work.

8. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

We can't. :) The images used in the generator are for fluff. The emblazon is displayed in the Roll of Arms on a plain heater, the same shape we've always used. We just haven't been able to get that shape in the generator yet. I can still put together this emblazon on that shape manually and submit it for you if you want. This blazon would read something like this (I'm a little rusty):

Per bend argent and sable, on a bend sanguine an eye wide between two swords bendwise Or, points to fess, in chief the moon shattered sable and in base the sun shining argent

9. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

That would be great, if you don't mind. Also your "rusty" is better than anything I could have guessed at. Thank-you.

10. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Alright Markus, sorry about the delay on this. The charges in your example are modified to be thinner, and I was trying to find a way to duplicate that without breaking CoA rules (like sanguine fimbriation on a sanguine bend). I was unsuccessful. Here's as close as I could get without cheating in a way the generator can't handle:

[​IMG]

11. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Trenyc, how does it look without the fimbriation on the charges?

12. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

I think it looks good without fimbriation. I only put the fimbriation on because the example from the generator had it. Here it is without:

[​IMG]

Ariella, Markus Sevron and Ronan like this.
  13. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

I think this is great. You've done an amazing job and I am truly thankful. If possible this is the one I would like to use.

Ronan likes this.
  14. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

And submitted it shall be for thee, good sir, for thee.

:p

15. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

Laughs.. Thank-you again. I could not have gotten this done without your help.

Lord Trenyc likes this.
  16. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Ok Markus, your new CoA was approved! It'll be updated on the Roll of Arms when we do the next batch.

Markus Sevron likes this.
  17. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

Fantastic, Thanks Trenyc.

Lord Trenyc likes this.
  18. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

http://sotagalleryofarms.weebly.com/

Markus, our wiki is behaving badly. In the mean time until we get a permanent fix we have started to list the newly approved devices at the above link.

Lord Trenyc likes this.
  19. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

That's fine. Thank-you for sharing the link.

Lord Trenyc likes this.
  20. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

Just curious if the wiki is still down. I noticed that the CoA here was not updated but it is correct here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.