Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mass arrow purchase problem

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Lord Tachys al`Fahn, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I purchased all of the arrows (1000 packs, for a total of 24000 arrows) on a merchant to both restock and test the new restrictions on encubrance.

This led to a few problems, but they fall into two categories, which have been verified after purchasing arrows at two separate locations (Braemar and Graff Island):
    • Inventory
    • Encubrance
    Inventory:

The problems encountered in this category were multiple.

First, when purchasing the arrows, when you click to sign for the transaction, no signature happens, the icon for being over-encumbered appears, the money does not appear to change hands, and the buy/sell window does not close. Closing the window and opening your inventory shows the arrows being present and stacked, and the money for the purchase gone.

The second problem is that the arrows are red, and cannot be interacted with. This stays until logging out, which leads us to the third problem which comes in three parts of its own.

Logging out and back in does three things:
    1. You are back wherever you purchased the arrows, regardless of where you moved to afterwards.
    2. The arrows are mostly unstacked, with one large stack of arrows numbering somewhere around 9-10K, and the balance in individual stacks of 24. No auto stacking occurs beyond this point (or if it does, I am ignorant of the process). You are left with restacking the arrows by hand, dragging them one onto another several hundred times.
    3. During the process of stacking them, I noticed some stacks simply disappearing. I thought they were gone for good, but after transferring the stack to the bank, minus the arrows I needed, and leaving Kingsport, I noticed I was over encumbered. I checked my inventory, and along with the arrows I kept, Voila!! There were the missing stacks!
    Encumbrance:

I noticed that while I was overloaded by the arrows I was carrying, (about 1300 lbs of arrows and gear on a frame that could only carry 120) that the speed was indeed reduced as intended. It was quite amusing to see my character glide like a mannequin being dragged across a frictionless floor *grins*, as the movement speed was so slow that it did not trigger an animation. Aside from one that, I encountered two problems with this part of my mass arrow exodus, those being:
    1. I noticed that despite the massive drag on focus that this pressing weight should have been causing, not once did my focus bar drop.
    2. When I did intentionally depleted my focus, I was not forced to wait for focus to build before being allowed to move again.
    I will try this again to confirm all of these findings, since the first time was a "hmmm that's strange" occurrence, while the second confirmed I wasn't going crazy. The third time charm will have to wait for me to deplete my remaining 20,000 arrows...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  2. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Lord Tachys al`Fahn, Thank you for reporting. This issue has been submitter to the Team for review. Good Detail.

3. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Modification to this: Noticed encumbrance working properly in adventure and overworld scenes (focus drain while moving and no movement possible while at 0 focus), and apparently working as intended (from conversations in game with other players) in town scenes (that is to say, no focus drain at all min town scenes).

4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Just had an opportunity to test this again:

Bought 70 stacks of arrows (1680) from an armorer in or near Harvest (I believe IN Harvest).

VERY prolonged pause after pushing button to sign for purchase. Thought it was going to happen again, and checked inventory, where I saw the stack of arrows present (but with name in red) and gold gone while waiting for signature to appear and complete sale. Signature eventually appeared, closing out purchase window, and arrows remained in stack and name went white.

I suspect that with the much larger purchase, the pause was going to be much longer as well, but still would have completed, and the relog being the culprit behind the unstacked packs of arrows.

I will make another mass purchase in a town where the bank is very close to an arrow merchant to verify the above statement with a full 1000 stack purchase.

I don't think there will be purchases of this type or quantity when the game is released, but this is still something they might want to look at.

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This happens anytime you do a large purchase of any sort from any vendor. It is not specific to arrows, but it is more pronounced with them.

6. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

This is a known issue that has not yet been resolved, hang in there! For our internal referencing this is already connected with Bug ID 34877

Cheers,
    Julyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.