Massively OP: Celebrating Freedom in Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Screenshot & Video Galleries' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

2. Apollo31

Apollo31 Avatar

Damn...I tried to watch the recording...but its not playing...How did it go?

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

4. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Jeeeez thankfully I was able to skip through it on the recording and I wasn't watching it live, such a pile of poop, wouldn't inspire anyone I know to join the game *shakes head*

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Feel free to go out and do a better stream *shrugs*.

6. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

It seems the majority of the video is about the freedom to create in POT's. Only problem is that they are completely empty of other players, and one in which the streamer spends a lot of time is completely empty of everything. This would probably seem quite off to the MMO crowd.

There streamer has some confusion about interacting with items that might be valuable to note. For example, she clicked on a bulletin board thinking it would somehow bring up the notices, but didn't realize you click on the individual pieces of paper, and so passed on without reading them. She also didn't know that double-clicking on an item would take it, unless it's a light or something to sit on, etc.

And <load times> - including in-game map. Enough said.

I really like the emphasis on the freedom to create in the video - some of the commentary and interactions demonstrate the game well. It's good to see someone streaming who is delighted by a few things in the game, and the overall tone is quite positive. However, it's a little too "empty" to really recommend as a promo.

FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Surely that's what Travian are for with their 2million coto's and seed investors additional coto's too? When looking at YouTube there are some far better examples of the game out there from community streamers, or do you feel this is more like the emperors clothes fable where I can't actually give an honest opinion and should therefore keep quiet? LOL

It's a mindless wander round various PoT's for over an hour which adds absolutely no value to SotA, I genuinely cannot see how anyone could watch that start to finish without wondering to themselves 'how can I get that part of my life back'.

Maybe a stream about all the different dance emotes would get more RP'rs in could be more beneficial to the 'community'.

Almar likes this.
  8. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Y'see, this is how things always develop here these days on these forums and why I am getting depressed with them...

@Vladamir Begemot puts up a helpful link to a stream about the game. Someone makes a rude and valueless comment at the well intended streamers. Someone else, unsurprisingly, gets irritated by this and posts a response, which basically, though more politely, suggests 'grow up or shut up'.

The target of the reprimand then goes off into a rant about the official European marketing team, their budget, that they are being 'silenced' by the game police, and finishes with a lovely flourish slagging dance parties and 'the community'

Result - negativity and nastiness swamp a thread yet again, the "i will never be silenced!" brigade (who really need to move on), wave their banner again, and most importantly, the purpose of the thread is pretty much lost.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Just for the records: that isn't what i said. All i said is he is free to do a better stream.
    Non the less i am out of here. I see where this is leading. Ain't nobody got time for that.

10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

11. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

12. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

LOL; what a fantastic journalistic piece on the game and all it has to offer, I'm sure the log in server will be holding me in a queue for 20mins later tonight when I try to log in due to those pesky kids leaving Fortnite in their droves after that award winning YouTube masterpiece on desolate and bland PoT's.

/sarcasm off

Was my comment about dance emotes flippant? for sure, but i think you'll find it's the big forum re-moaners with their in-feasibly large post and 'like' counts that don't want to be silenced, and not me and my measily low post count, there's enough hot air around forums as it is. Do I have to conform and keep quiet just because I feel the video didn't add anything useful being bland and totally unhelpful, it'll help drive another nail into what could be a great game and therefore didn't need highlighting full stop.

Would something I made fair any better, well if I had the web / streaming skills to create something then for sure, but alas I know my limitations however my RL skill set is project management therefore this would be my action plan for any product pitch:

1. know your product (even a few basics)
    2. define stream objectives and goals
    3. pre plan where your going and what you want to discuss in stream and make it interesting to hold your audience's attention
    4. have bullet point notes to hand to help ensure chatter doesn't become inane boring drivel within 2-3mins of starting
    5. do a dry run beforehand without it broadcasting live
    6. review dry run, re-do if not up to standard
    7. advertise your doing it beforehand, so you have a few willing happy gamers 'on message' with you
    8. end of live broadcast recap good and bad

It's not rocket science, us Brits left that to Stephen Hawkings

In short the OP's thread does way more damage highlighting this inept journalism to an unsuspecting new forum user than any perceived negativity or nastiness from me

When the poor rise up! LOL

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I will entertain you one more time because you fall for a common missconception here:
    It's not what you say. It's how you say it.

14. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Ooooh how naughty! If anyone wants to check I haven't edited any of the above posts and I do not see the word 'RANT' within any response.

I wonder if that constitute trolling and being nasty on your part sir? I'm sure I'd be safe in assuming its against the forum rules as a direct attack on me by amending my quote and thus twisting forums perception of me because I dare offer a differing opinion on the merit of a stream whilst trying to make ones self look superior and garner more 'likes'? (you are so close to 10,000)

In short I was called out for my flippant comment, and I backed up my argument in a rational and reasonable manner however @Earl Atogrim von Draken you decided to alter my wording to suit your own agenda and edit my words to make up a false quote that has zero substance. I'm sure you tried to do it to make a lighthearted jibe my reasoned response as you couldn't fault it's logic, however that seems very unbecoming from someone professing to be an 'Earl' and maybe highlights one of my points regards changes to listening to the player base to ensure this game succeeds in the longterm.

Good day to you sir

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

What? Where? On another forum?
    Nothing of what you posted actually connect's to one of the posts in this topic. Not even to your initial post! Impressive feat. I salute you.
    The fact that we are still discussing about a private stream you consider shitty is is a waste of your and my time! Everybody that had to read this topic is dumber for it and that's our fault!
    You are out for a fight? Good! Pick somebody else.
    Ohwhythankyou! Same to you good sir!
    It's just a game.
    Really people stop being so damn serious about every little s*it you can come up with.

Cordelayne and Fungus like this.
  16. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

My point is still valid it's a pointless stream and didn't need the airtime, you asked the question I responded, you then tried to be clever and altered my words in a quote, of course I will defend my 'honour' when folks tbecome dishonest, that's not picking a fight it's calling you out for being naughty.

BTW you were at 9,999 likes so I thought it apt to get you to the 10k marker, well done!

17. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Frankly it's exhausting to keep up with. If I say anything I just put in my two cents and then don't bother to look at the rest of the responses.

Aeryk and Steevodeevo like this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Fungus I don't agree at all. It was a fun stream to watch. It showed a lot of things that get overlooked by the many other streams out there.

Not everyone plays your way.

19. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

How about from now on we all agree to stop feeding the troll no matter what they say.

Sean Silverfoot and Aeryk like this.
  20. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I don't think she does promos, she just reviews different games. We invited her to a gustball game and took her dragon hunting last time. I think her videos are more like vlogs rather than promotional videos.
    Yes most towns will be empty right now. This game gives us the freedom to play in different instances as well so you won't see everyone playing.

Aeryk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.