MassivelyOP Looking for Seed Investors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oplek, Feb 8, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

MassivelyOP is looking to talk to people who were Seed Investors. If you're willing, more details here.

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Interesting.... I contacted SeedInvest a few times and All I get is they really want to talk to someone from portal. As far as they are concerned the investment is closed.

@Chris you can buy me out with that lord of the isle bundle if you wanted to, I’d tottaly take that and call it good!!!!!!

the other option people might like is give everyone a esp 2 player owned town $500 = small pot $1000 = next size up etc.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  3. CICI

CICI Avatar

lol :)

Cordelayne and Dark Tidings like this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I did a token amount of digging to see how things stand moving from Port to Catnip. I didn't make any progress. SI hasn't been very helpful. At this point I figure either things are going smoothly. Or I lost some cash. Fortunately, I was prepared to lose it but hoping for better.

This is why I don't invest money I need. Only money I can afford to get wiped out.

Sounds a lot like gambling. But legal ;-)

HannahAlpenglow2 and StarLord like this.
  5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I use to browse https://massivelyop.com/ and MMORPG.com but these days like that or Reddit full of troll garbage. MO is the worse as they push out garbage interviews full of speculation on SOTA. They did one not to long ago on a stream which was the final straw for me supporting a group that seems jaded and wanting to bring down SOTA.

Like all investments never invest what you cant afford to loose. No different then the few backers that had different expectations on WHAT THEY thought the game was going to be then turn the hate on because its not how they wanted it to go. Yet they continue every year over and over to attack players who like the game and paint a negative picture of everything rather than just moving on like any normal person who does not like the game. Just silly.

I have backed many games and some where good some where good investments, some where bad, and some never even came into exist. That is a Risk with any game investment. If something does come of the seed investment so be it... if nothing comes as always cut the losses and move on. Its not like investing in games is a good retirement fund. Games come and go, and some are successful and grow well others sink into nothing. I'm just happy to see that SOTA is still moving forward even if not at the rate I once wanted to see. Its still imo a good game investment based on the long term vision. If you build it they will come :)

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I keep telling MOP they should stream Shroud after a Dev livestream, they'll draw 10x the viewers they get on their normal streams with one dev raid.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Sulaene Moon likes this.
  7. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

That's a good idea you're probably right they would get a bunch of views. I would watch it on that stream to boost.

About the OP, it's sad to see when people put money towards something and no one can respond to their questions. Just seems shady. Imagine giving money to a financial advisor then when you don't get a statement to see how your investment is doing you can't get a hold of your advisor.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Perhaps it is a case of "no need to state the obvious".

For those that need it, I can help:

Your investment isn't doing well at the moment. They hope to do better.

StarLord and Girlsname like this.
  9. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

i think it depends on what each investor had anticipated for an ROI. maybe not everyone was expecting to get their money back with crazy financial profits.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, my reply was just to help those who are "on the case", some of them have spent A LOT of time on this. And yes, as @Xee said, they comment about it regularly at MOP, even if it's totally off topic. And they drive off anyone that says anything else with walls of text about everything evil about the game and creators until we finally just stop commenting and stop reading.

But since they have repeatedly said they won't be satisfied until the game shuts down, I guess my comment probably won't help them. Get back to it sleuths!

I wonder if MOP will do a story about effective brigading and forum take overs some day?

Xee and that_shawn_guy like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Oh, and to MOP, you know what would be cool? If you guys reported the release features instead of the tiny QA draft notes. The release notes are about 10x longer.

Anpu and that_shawn_guy like this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Oh, and once again I probably better say that when people go over there and see this avatar, that's not me, that's a troll who impersonates me. Formerly Urinal_Goose (classy!) there and on reddit, banned from both, back as a different account on both. MOP knows it, but it's cool with them.

13. HannahAlpenglow

HannahAlpenglow Avatar

This. I would hope most people didn’t seriously expect anything back or invest money with intent to get a return; I certainly did not.

But to get no real answer about what exactly has happened from Port, it’s accountant Port directed us to, or from seed invest, after so much time? Quite questionable, unfortunately.

14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I figure mmo sites should be neutral bias at least where the last few streams they had were all about kicking the dog. Id probably continue to use them if they were honest about the state of things and stayed neutral. like all games there are pros and cons but they wont even look at anything pro which makes me sad.

Anpu likes this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The problem is that they only get the bad news, because the bad news bears are very dedicated to making sure they hear that part and nothing else. Anyone that used to comment on MOP gave up due to the brigading from Narficus and Tom and a couple others, there's just so much hammering you will put up with before you stop participating, so it's literally 100% bad news being pushed to them.

And MOP doesn't play Shroud, so they have no idea what is going on other than the release notes. And they usually read the QA notes for some reason, rather than the full release, so they only see a small section of the changes.

Bummer.

16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

yeah that is like MMORPG, I stopped even trying to put anything in that forum too lol. myself and another person seem to get hammered on for putting positive things up lol and even you. Seems they think the few of us that are positive are all you haha.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah I saw that the other day. :p:rolleyes:

18. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

I hope somebody comes up with the definitive word on what happened. I tried corresponding with all mentioned/involved and didn't get anything. Thanks for the heads up about MOP.

19. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

Garriott advertised it as an investment and you didn't believe him? Congrats, I wish I hadn't.

20. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Locking thread. For SeedInvest inquiries, please send an email to support@portalarium.com -- information about the proper channel to request information will be sent to you.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.