Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Masterworking an item changes the max durability but doesn't change the current stats

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by jiirc, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Title: Masterworking an item changes the max durability but doesn't change the current stats
    Blocker: No
    Repro Rate: 100%
    Details: Lets say an item has stats of x/y (max z), ie. 60/100 (max 90). Masterworking an item reduces z, the max durability. But the y value doesn't get changed. So if a durability loss of 20 occurs max would be 70. So I would expect the stats to be 60/70 (max 70). Instead the stats are 60/90 (max 70). I guess this could be by design.

Interestingly I did an enchanment on an item after the maserworking. Max durability was 70 before the enchantment and the stats were x/90. After the enchantment the stats were 43/70 (max 50); the enchantment was a 20 point hit. The interesting part if that the max durability before the enhancement became the new stat (ie. x/90 became x/70).

Another observation, I had to relog because of a network error. For some reason that I don't remember I moused over an item I enhanced and noticed that the item's values were showing up correctly. I looked at the other and they were correct as well. If I had to guess I'd say the problem was more a UI error, where the tool tip values weren't updating properly after the enhancement was done, than a calculation error. It looks like the UI is updating before the new max durability calculation instead of after the calculation is being done.

Steps;
    - have an item at max durability (ie x/90 (max 90)
    - masterwork it
    - the max durability will go down to match the durability loss
    - the currently durability stats stay the same as before the masterworking
    Build: 416

Last edited: May 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.