Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Matchmaking Mode = Party, Towns and Overworld = Open. Good?

Discussion in 'Release 59 QA Feedback' started by jiirc, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Is very simple, they're finally giving to SotA MMO the MMO social feature.
    I never heard about a MMORPG divided in different modes, the game seems empty and discourages new players that are looking for a MMORPG. SotA already has the Single player mode, made for who doesn't want to see or interacts with others.
    Considering also that the forced mp is releated just to towns and overworld they're not limiting your gameplay, people can still play in private/party in all adventuring zones.

If the problem is releated to kids, well the problem was already here other players can pm/party them and kids can simply switch to multiplayer mode without asking anyone's permission.
    It would still be possible to ask the developers for a parental control to block all types of chat and interactions with a password.

To be 100% honest i really can't understand even committing myself trying to understand the reason why someone should be in disagreement with the new changes, I'm happy that in any case there are very few people that think so.

I feel highly satisfied with the new changes that finally make the game looking as a true mmorpg, considering that there is an entire mode dedicated to who doesn't want any interaction with others.
    I also perfectly agree with the fact that devs are taking right decisions without being influenced too much from players, until today, senseless vetoes have been imposed from some players which blocked the right development of the game.

I wish to Portalarium every success in their work, the game took the right direction, don't give up! :)

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I suggest re-reading the thread and understanding why telling people to go play single player offline is not a valid solution. I also suggest perhaps looking at what features were promised to those who backed the game.

Astirian, Phoenix007 and Elwyn like this.
  3. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Exaclty, as i said "senseless vetoes have been imposed from some players which blocked the right development of the game", it's time to to look forward ;)

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

You are not DarkStarr, but its fairly easy to understand.
    1. We were sold a game that features Selective Multiplayer, including the ability to choose who we play with. This change breaks that promise by not allowing us to opt out of multiplayer.

2. There are reasons for playing in a mode that does not include multiplayer, beyond simply "forgetting to change modes".

3. Shroud of the Avatar is NOT AN MMO.
    And... welcome to block.

Astirian and Mishikal like this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=28012

"Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues is a multiplayer fantasy Role Playing Game calling upon you to return as a fabled Avatar and quest to fulfill the paths of Truth, Love or Courage across a deep single player story. Embark on new adventures in the world of New Britannia and enjoy multiple MMO benefits by playing alongside your friends and becoming a permanent resident in a persistent shared universe."

"Adventure solo or play co-op with your friends in a persistent world. Prove your mettle in PVP or play offline anytime. The choice is all yours."

I heard no changes about adventuring in solo/party mode, the change is releated just to towns and overland.

Chatele, disorder, wedrax and 4 others like this.
  6. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback!

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.