Maybe a Silly Question About Housing but....

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Annah_Sennah, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

From seeing the opening of Archeage I am wondering if even with the pledges that get deeds will there still be gold needed to place the house?
    From even back in UO anytime houses are concerned plots run out almost immediately after game open, I know and LOVE the plan that is put together about how the housing placement will be handled, but if you have a plot then still need to save up a lot of gold in order to place it, unless you can put tons of time in immediately to farm gold then I worry that placement will still be an issue.
    I had never thought of this until just now, and where some might fell this is a kind of silly question, I guess I just want to be sure so that I know ahead of time what will be expected (if it is even planned that far ahead.)

Koldar likes this.
  2. Silverglade

Silverglade Avatar

The best I can tell from all information I have read is that you simply need a deed to lock down on the plot of land you find, whether or not you place a house. From the looks of things land will not run out as quickly as UO. Also some player owned towns will have available land open on purpose. I have 1 that I am going to have open plots in for non pledge players as an example.

Annah_Sennah likes this.
  3. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

It will not cost you anything to place beyond, perhaps, your first month's rent. In addition, each lot already includes a house; which may be upgraded at additional cost.

4. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

That's an awesome thing to do Silverglade!!!

And I already feel a little better now, because how you both explained it is about what I had understood it to be.

5. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Hi there. There will be no additional gold requirement (real or game money) to build or place a house in SotA. The deal is - if you have a pledge that includes a house, you have a LAND DEED. That is an entitlement to a lot, AND to an appropriate house to go on it.
    There will be ample lots available at game launch; the only question that will need resolving is - where will you stake your claim? The devs are planning a staggered "land rush" type thing - backers will be advised when they are able to log in and claim a lot. High level backers and royal founders will go first, and so on until all backers have claimed a lot.
    The procedure will probably be similar to the temporary arrangement we see in the periodic releases - log in, rush to a town/city, ask the town crier or guard how many lots are free, find an attractive lot and claim it. That's it. It's yours. Included in the pledge benefit are house deeds for all types of house up to and including your pledge level - you can immediately build any one of those houses on your lot.

6. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

The introduction of player-owned towns has changed everyone's perception of what housing will be like in SotA. Originally, lot availability was to be controlled exclusively by the Devs and clustered around the various storied cities. Now, with the ability of a player to purchase an entire group of lots, from Holdfast to a Metropolis, land availability and location is anyone's guess.

7. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

Hi, this post explains how lot selection will take place depending on your pledge level.

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Starr has stated that Lot availability regardless of player owned towns will be roughly 30-50% over pre-launch sales, and that tthay might have to up that if they are a hit. ALso that thanks to player-towns they could thankfully skip over adding some generic out-of-lore game-towns just for Lot habitats.
    Chris has joked about adding a suburbia if they are a hit.
    So they will adjust game-townsand Lot availability after seeing player-town popularity and Lot size selection.

My note would be that their business model pretty much demands that they keep an eye on the available stats so that Lots keep their value but never completely runs out so that they can continue selling Lots and Houses in the addon store.

Budner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.