1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Meet the Shroud of the Avatar Team! ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FireLotus, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

You've been eager to know who they are, so here is your chance to meet the Developers who are crafting Shroud of the Avatar!

*Note* This topic is reserved for Dev posts only. All non-developer posts will be removed, simply as a way to keep the spotlight on the men and women you have been asking to meet. :)

Lord Royou and O`Sullivan like this.
  2. Loren (Dev)

Loren (Dev) Developer Emeritus

Hello! I am Loren from the earlier videos.

3. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello! Greetings and salutations to all of our early fans!!! I asked FireLotus to create an area where I could say "Hello!" quickly, before I slowly begin to wade into replies I feel I'm qualified to make...

I'm Rick Holtrop, developer on Shroud of the Avatar. I've spent TONS of time on these forums reading thoughts and feelings about our game. I have spent NO time replying, however, to this point. I really wanted to spend some thoughtful time examining all points of view, and there are few areas where opinions do not dissent from person to person.

My intent is to participate in these discussions as much as I can, and I look forward to it. I apologize in advance for the times when workload prevents me from being around as much as you (and I) might like.

I look forward to becoming an active member of this, our new community!!!

4. Loren (Dev)

Loren (Dev) Developer Emeritus

For detail, I'm one of the programmers on the project and most of my work is related to the visuals of the overland map: terrain generation and streaming, vegetation, fog, etc.

5. caravaggiosWolf (Dev)

caravaggiosWolf (Dev) Developer Emeritus

Hello and thank you for all your support! I'm Stephen, the Concept Art Lead for Shroud of the Avatar. I'm extremely excited about our collaborative effort between the team and community and I'm looking forward to your continued input. Together we are going to build a brilliant experience!

6. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Adding my own detail, please know that I did not create my forum badge - it was a "gift" from our FX department, and updated by my good friend FireLotus. :)

7. tphilipp

tphilipp SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

Hi, I'm also know as the guy with the moustache.

8. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

Hey everyone,

Posting my hello here again since we have a official thread now.

I'm B Cotton a designer on the project. I'll be involved in designing game systems and evolving our Overworld technology. I am excited by what we've accomplished so far on the project and really enjoy all the ideas that are flowing through the forum. Keep it up!

-B

Lord Royou, LadyM and O`Sullivan like this.
  9. oneandonly

oneandonly Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello everybody, here goes my first forum post! I am Justin Gilbert, a programmer on SOTA. I will be working on a broad range of systems. I get to help make everything go! Glad to see all of the overwhelming positive support from everybody. Keep it coming!

Lord Royou, LadyM and O`Sullivan like this.
  10. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

I guess I should actually introduce myself. =) I'm Gina, your fun-loving Community Manager. I am also a sometimes content writer, social media guru and full-time monkey juggler.

Lord Royou and LadyM like this.
  11. Vaughn

Vaughn Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello everyone! Just introducing myself finally. I'm Nathan Howard, and I'm currently working to support the community as well as doing some IT work. Maybe you have spoken with me already on email. :)

Lord Royou and LadyM like this.
  12. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

Can one of the Designers correct the couter direction on the armour piece. Couter is the elbow protection that is on the outside of the elbow to protect from a weapon from injury.
    One type looks like this . The armor elbow in the game are backwards. Any reason you are doing it that way?

[​IMG]

O`Sullivan, Baltas and Lord Albert like this.
  13. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

New Dev's who are you?

Lord Royou likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.